Verizon Galaxy S8 S8+ Bluetooth Volume Extremely Low

LiiNK3R

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
Received my S8+ earlier in the week and ever since I began using it on my Bluetooth devices they volume is about 1/2 to lower than all my other devices that I connect with. I have tried using other equalizers since apparently "soundalive" is likely the culprit. This however does not fix the issue, only allows me to increase loudness which doesn't amplify the actual sound. I have it connected to a wireless speaker, beats headphones, and my car audio and all have extremely low volume levels.

Wondering if this is a hardware issue and if I should have the device replaced or if it is an issue with the software. Any help would be much appreciated :) Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone's volume at maximum? I usually make sure the phone's volume is at max, and then use the Bluetooth speaker or headphones to adjust the volume further.

Also, if the phone has a built-in equalizer, make sure it's turned off. Equalizers often decrease the overall volume.

brianjsw

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same. I always have to max the volume out in my phone settings when pairing with my car Bluetooth to get decent volume even with the car volume maxed out.

LiiNK3R

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
I noticed the same. I always have to max the volume out in my phone settings when pairing with my car Bluetooth to get decent volume even with the car volume maxed out.

Yes, and as soon as I start driving I cant even hear the volume anymore due to the road noise. I can hear static in the background since my speakers in my car are at full blast.

LiiNK3R

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone's volume at maximum? I usually make sure the phone's volume is at max, and then use the Bluetooth speaker or headphones to adjust the volume further.

Also, if the phone has a built-in equalizer, make sure it's turned off. Equalizers often decrease the overall volume.

Volume is always at max, and I believce that the internal samsung equalizer souadalive is causing this to happen. I tried using the bloater disabler to block it, but the application isn't working even with its plugin added. The volume is atleast 50% or lower than what my S6 used to be at. This is 100% an issue and not user error in my case, just not sure if this is a software issue that has yet to be addressed or if it is a hardware issue from the factory.

Jonk063

Oct 10, 2017
Visit site
LiiNK3R, this late but you are not alone. I've been researching as long as I noticed your post. I haven't tried this solution in my car yet but I think I found the solution. It may be related to the Media Volume sink option found in the Bluetooth settings. From the Bluetooth menu, select the three dots and select media volume sync option. Turn this option OFF if it is on. The actual description says adapt sound may not work properly (a separate setting) and turning on may experience "unexpected volume changes." Another forum suggested going through the adapt sound settings and selecting "no" for every portion of the sound test. Basically like taking a hearing test and telling the doctor you can't hear anything. In turn they jack the volume up on your ear piece. I did both, but not sure the later had as much an effect as the first adjustment.

Originalzman

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
So I ran in to this problem with my 300$ klipsch Bluetooth speaker. The volume was lower than the phone speaker with all setting maxed out (it's a very loud speaker) I tried every thing. In settings tried restarting my phone and the speaker.

This is how I fixed it sounds dumb but I had to unpaired the speaker and re pair. It fixed all my programs with my Samsung s8+

Nate_Soul

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem since i received the phone a few moths ago and wasnt able to find a fix for it and was using my bluetooth speakers with a cable instead but when i saw this post and saw some people mention media volume sync thought i'd give it a shot and turn it off, turned out it was off all along so i turned it on to test it and my problem was solved now my bluetooth headphone gives the same max volume it does when using a cable or when using it with other devices give it a shot and see if it fixes the problem for you as well

VIPIN REWAR

May 3, 2018
Visit site
First switch off media sync from bluetooth settings.....then again start.....and then increase the volume full in phone....! Then press volume up button and slide volume bar to left and completely reduce volume to zero....and suddenly increase the volume to full ...you will get your full working again....this worked for me ....good luck!

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
OH MY GOD I FOUND A FIX EVERYONE!!!! Go download equalizer fx pro and when you open the app, disable it at the top!!! My speakers are SCREAMING at me again!!!! YAY!!!

Tommy Thep

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
OH MY GOD I FOUND A FIX EVERYONE!!!! Go download equalizer fx pro and when you open the app, disable it at the top!!! My speakers are SCREAMING at me again!!!! YAY!!!

Not sure if anyone has checked, but tapping on the gear icon beside the problem device in the Bluetooth setting and checking if Call Audio is on, worked for me. I've tried it on a Note 8, btw.

Jakub1301

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
LiiNK3R, this late but you are not alone. I've been researching as long as I noticed your post. I haven't tried this solution in my car yet but I think I found the solution. It may be related to the Media Volume sink option found in the Bluetooth settings. From the Bluetooth menu, select the three dots and select media volume sync option. Turn this option OFF if it is on. The actual description says adapt sound may not work properly (a separate setting) and turning on may experience "unexpected volume changes." Another forum suggested going through the adapt sound settings and selecting "no" for every portion of the sound test. Basically like taking a hearing test and telling the doctor you can't hear anything. In turn they jack the volume up on your ear piece. I did both, but not sure the later had as much an effect as the first adjustment.

perfectly worrks !!! thx