S8 Plus Stylus?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I heard a rumour today that the code name for the Samsung Note 8 is “Baikal”. Which is apparently a very large lake. :)
I do love the idea of the Galaxy S8 + having a built in stylus but think that may hurt sales of their Note 8 Flagship. Maybe they could sell the S-Pen separately for the S8 + model?

I agree the Note line makes too much money for Sammy to have a S+ with an S pen. I have heard that it could have note capabilities and that the S pen could be sold as an accessory but those were January rumors. I haven't heard of anything since then.

Last edited:

bradleyneil

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
The S-Pen will always be the Note line feature.. With out it the Note would now be a S Series phone! The Note line was always their best phone with the best Specs, That is up until the S6 Edge + and Note 5 came out and was the same phone other than the Note 5 had the S-Pen.. I miss the days when I couldn't wait until the New Note was released... Now soon as I see the new S Series phone, I know exactly what the upcoming Note will be..

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I wish they combined the "S" and "Note" series. Why not offer the s-pen as an option to the S8?

Frankly, I've always had the Note series, and ended up with an S7 Edge after the N7. I don't like the S7 Edge, and don't know if I can wait for the new Note 8 (I really don't like the S7 Edge!!).

I suspect a lot of previous "Note" users will end up with the S8+, just because the N7 has been such a fiasco, and it's been such a long time waiting for a replacement.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I feel the same way. I got the itchy trigger finger right now and I'm considering pulling the trigger on one of these phones.

I'm going to wait for the note 8. Simply because after last year's debacle Samsung isn't going to let that happen again. Plus that stylus is an awesome addition worth waiting for. I'm just going g to hold myswlf over with my mate 9 till then.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I wish they combined the "S" and "Note" series. Why not offer the s-pen as an option to the S8?

Frankly, I've always had the Note series, and ended up with an S7 Edge after the N7. I don't like the S7 Edge, and don't know if I can wait for the new Note 8 (I really don't like the S7 Edge!!).

I suspect a lot of previous "Note" users will end up with the S8+, just because the N7 has been such a fiasco, and it's been such a long time waiting for a replacement.

Only way to combine it, is with a slot for the spen. Then it's a Note. Maybe discontinue the + in the future?

I have the Note 5 still from launch day. Works great. Life happened and never got the Note 7. Really ready for a new phone and the S8+ looks so good. But I'm thinking I'll wait. I like my spen.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Same as you, Note 7 to S7 Edge and have not been happy with it. I'm on T-Mobile JOD, I did a pre-order for the S8+ and will probably upgrade to the new Note variant that comes out in the Fall time. I prefer the Note line and I'm assuming it will be a little wider than the S8+ to accommodate the S-pen silo which will be fine by me, the S7 Edge feels way to narrow in my hands and I'm sure the S8+ will also feel narrow but we will soon find out.

tyomich123

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
I heard a rumour today that the code name for the Samsung Note 8 is “Baikal”. Which is apparently a very large lake. :)
I do love the idea of the Galaxy S8 + having a built in stylus but think that may hurt sales of their Note 8 Flagship. Maybe they could sell the S-Pen separately for the S8 + model?

I agree with you. I think they'll just release note 8 with a stylus after a while. Personally, I would be interested to see what they stuff the Samsung note 8

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I was a note 7 owner. I got it because I'm a big-time Note Taker and thought that there were lots of uses for taking notes when I'm at work. And there are, but if I'm honest, I found that a phone screen is too small to make a really good notepad. So since then, I have gotten both the Samsung Chromebook Plus with pen and the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen. Both of these are great sizes for taking notes in meetings and other uses for which I need to take notes. That opens the door for me to just stick with the S series of phones now.

I found myself in that same boat. The note 7 was my first note phone (first android for that matter) and i did not really use the pen that much. I am very much interested in the Galaxy Tab though.

I have the S8+ on order.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you. I think they'll just release note 8 with a stylus after a while. Personally, I would be interested to see what they stuff the Samsung note 8

I'm also interested. Samsung is calling it "Great" so I'm expecting more than an S8+ with an S-pen. Maybe some stereo speakers and a dual camera?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette