S8 repeatedly powering on and off

kdscrase

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
My galaxy s8 is repeatedly powering on and off without me even touching my phone. It keeps popping up a message saying "processor system isn't responding" and I don't have much time to mess with the settings before it powers off again. Here's the catch, I cannot turn my phone off on my own. I have attempted to completely power my phone down rather than allowing it to turn on and off, but when I press the power off button, the screen dims and the bottom buttons continue to glow. If I press the lock screen, it opens my phone as if I never pressed power off. I also have a flashing red light coming from the back of the phone, and I have only ever seen it flash red on the front if the battery is low. I haven't dropped my phone recently and I have had it for about 13 months, but im on a lease that requires I have it for 2 years.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you press and hold Power and Vol Down for about 20 seconds to force a shutdown -- does it power back on again on its own? If so, then I'd suspect a problem with the Power button -- it might be stuck in a pressed state. Bring it to a repair shop.