S9+/ 64gb or 256gb

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello friends, in my country only 64gb and 256gb storage options are available for s9+. The price difference between the two storage options is 160 USD. Which one should I opt for!? Thx.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I would get the 64gb version and just store pictures-music-movies on the sd card....that being said I think I read that there are more restrictions on what apps can be stored on the sd card

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I would get the 64gb version and just store pictures-music-movies on the sd card....that being said I think I read that there are more restrictions on what apps can be stored on the sd card
Not on a Samsung. Just head to Settings>Developer Options>Force Apps to move to SD Card.

Pete Jordan

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Not on a Samsung. Just head to Settings>Developer Options>Force Apps to move to SD Card.

Is there any slow down in using the aps or loading them if you do this? Or would there be no difference? If not, then it's best to get the 64gb regardless of how long you use the phone as you can just keep moving aps to the SD...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Of course there will be a slow down. It's the same as if you do adopted storage. An SD card's read/write speed is slower than internal NAND flash memory. For smaller apps you may not notice it, but it would be there for games and other things that need loading.

Personally just use SD card for files like ebooks, music files, videos, and photos. Stuff that don't need high speed access.
Is there any slow down in using the aps or loading them if you do this? Or would there be no difference? If not, then it's best to get the 64gb regardless of how long you use the phone as you can just keep moving aps to the SD...

Pete Jordan

Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Of course there will be a slow down. It's the same as if you do adopted storage. An SD card's read/write speed is slower than internal NAND flash memory. For smaller apps you may not notice it, but it would be there for games and other things that need loading.

Personally just use SD card for files like ebooks, music files, videos, and photos. Stuff that don't need high speed access.

Ok thanks. I'm going to be getting on from Samsung tomorrow and I've been debating about either the 64GB or 128GB. I plan on having the phone for a long time (many years to come) and many people including T-Mobile said I wouldn't need more than 64GB, but I know they only sell that type and want me to buy it there. Other friends have older phones and they say 64GB would be plenty.

For the future though, like in my case where I want this to last a long time, I'm thinking maybe 128gb might be better, but really am not sure which would be the best. Don't plan on really playing much if any games though...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks. I'm going to be getting on from Samsung tomorrow and I've been debating about either the 64GB or 128GB. I plan on having the phone for a long time (many years to come) and many people including T-Mobile said I wouldn't need more than 64GB, but I know they only sell that type and want me to buy it there. Other friends have older phones and they say 64GB would be plenty.

For the future though, like in my case where I want this to last a long time, I'm thinking maybe 128gb might be better, but really am not sure which would be the best. Don't plan on really playing much if any games though...
I've been using a 32GB S7 Edge for a while and it was fine.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My first computer came with a "MASSIVE" 256MB(MEGAbyte) hard drive! LOL
I've yet to get a card for my S9+ but when I do it will probably be a 64GB card.
And like chanchan05 I'll store files, photos, music and videos on it. I won't try to
run any apps from it. I buy quality SD cards. You get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor