S9+ goes in and out of roaming but S8 next to it on desk is not. Urban Area - Recent issue for me

Mkirkas

Dec 1, 2018
Visit site
You cannot imagine how happy I am to see this topic. I'm fighting it as well. I will be sitting on a couch with an S8 and an S9+. A few weeks back, early this month actually, I took a short vacation and flew to North CA. I had the S9+ on Airplane mode, turned the 8 off. I had my rental hooked up to Android Auto. The first day, I had no problems.The next day I went to the same location (so I know that there was service there.) On my returnto the hotel, The gMaps would not connect and I tried but I got lost.

Enough backstory, don't know if any of this matters, b ut you never know. I finally got sick of my lock screen showing Local & Home times. Obviously the same. I went to my local Sprint Repair/store and the first person I saw put in a new SIM. Ok, give it a shot. Nopes. Next day went to store again,talked to an actual Technician - not a sales person. He changed some settings that the sales guy gave the day before.

I thought that maybe the problem was with the location setting, so I put it on the Highest accuracy level. Thought I had it..alas, no, still not working.

So, I hope this get figured out. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001