S9 stuck in reboot and laptop wont recognise its plugged in

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Galaxy S9 was on charge and would continue to try start itself and turn off again. Attempted to reboot it etc and it won't do it. It now constantly has the samsung logo on it when you first turn your phone on and won't go any further. It will also only switch itself on as soon as I plug the charger in and when I take it out , turns off instantly. I thought to download a recovery app and use my laptop to do it but the other problem I now have is the laptop won't recognise the phone being plugged into it to begin the process.
I should add that phone turns on as soon as it's plugged into the laptop but the laptop doesn't do anything.

I am needing my text messages off the phone and I have been unable to work out how to get them through other ways like Google and the cloud.

Can anyone tell me if it is even possible to get around these issues?

Much appreciated !

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

As for the bootloop issue you might try removing the SIM and SD and rebooting the phone. If it starts Power it down normally, put the cards back in and try to Power on the device.

If the above fails, even though the phone will not power on normally it may boot into recovery. From there try clearing the cache partition and rebooting. To do this, press and hold the vol down key then press and hold the power button until the device begins to boot and release the power key while still holding the vol down. Once booted use the volume keys to navigate and the power button to enter your selection.

Let us know what you find or if you need more help. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

bumbi

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Thanks so much for your reply , I appreciate it!
I will give those things another go in a minute .
Do you know why my laptop is not recognising it as being plugged into the usb port but the phone is charging when I plug it in if that makes sense ?
I am not tech savvy at all and so so confused by it all. Sorry for the million questions !

bumbi

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Sorry I just realised I didn't reply directly to you . My reply is below. I just did the vol down key suggestion and it won't go past the samsung logo you first see when turning the phone on . It attempts to go to the next screen but just vibrates and goes black and then the logo comes up again it just won't move past the logo part.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Let's get @mustang7757 involved he often has a trick or something for things like this. Maybe ADB can help or something.

As for why it is not recognized, I'm pretty sure the device has to be on for it to be recognized and since it won't fully boot...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So when plugged into a computer it doesn't recognize the phone? Try different computer and cables?

For texts you said back up with Google , how about your Samsung account?

bumbi

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Thanks guys !Yeah I've tried different cables etc and plugged my new phone in just to check and it recognises it instantly .
So basically what happened is my S9 started the issues I've mentioned in January this year and up until about 3 weeks ago , I was borrowing a friend's old S7 until I could afford to get another phone which I've now got a S10. I've then gone onto google account to retrieve the SMS on my S9 and my S9 was showing as a expired previous device. I spoke to google chat and they said if you don't access that data for I think they said like 53 days , it gets deleted and there is no way to get it from them . They then said speak to samsaung cloud chat which i did and she told me to download the data but it is only allowing me to download data from my new phone , not my S9 !
I'm going around in circles with it haha

bumbi

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Thankyou :) so if Im on my S10 and log into findmymobile and click backup by S9, I can then log into findmymobile on my laptop and restore the S9 data onto my laptop ?( as it has to be a different device to the one I clicked backup on doesn't it ?)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thankyou :) so if Im on my S10 and log into findmymobile and click backup by S9, I can then log into findmymobile on my laptop and restore the S9 data onto my laptop ?( as it has to be a different device to the one I clicked backup on doesn't it ?)
Yeah as long as long there the same account , see in settings>account and back up on my s22U I go to restore I have 3 devices that uses same account to restore

Screenshot_20220713-101755_Samsung%20Cloud.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton