S9+ wireless charging through a case

bigHUN

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
To preserve a condition on the usb C port I figure lets go wireless charging. For a first time...
Ordered one Anker from amazon also an Anker power cube for quick charging 3.0...
Turns out doesn't want to charge the phone through a letter case, so every time I would want to charge the phone need to remove the case....wth? But I like the leather case as well...
Anybody can recommend a wireless charger that doesn't need to remove the case that is not more then 2-3mm thick?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not the charger, it's the case. All chargers put out the same power and work over the same distance. (And if there's anything metallic behind the phone (maybe even inside the leather back), wireless charging won't work through metal.)

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
It's not the charger, it's the case. All chargers put out the same power and work over the same distance. (And if there's anything metallic behind the phone (maybe even inside the leather back), wireless charging won't work through metal.)

Agree 100%... I use several different cases with my old Samsung puck wireless charger and all work fine including the thicker Otterbox & Bodyguardz cases.
I was thinking it's the leather.

bigHUN

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I have two leather cases, one from amazon and one from aliexpress (and this one is a best leather I have seen for cellphones), both look slim, checked with a magnet and nothing...still must be a thickness (the leather plus the inner plastic shell)...going now to order one Spigen open style, maybe more luck...

bigHUN

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to say...otherwisw the wireless puck charger works great (once I removed the case), pumped up the battery from 64% to full charge in about 35 minutes...no extra heat on the phone...
Now again tinkering, isn't this maybe a way too aggressive speed - timing for the battery?

bigHUN

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry guys, my bad...what I tried earlier those fridge stick on magnets and off course didn't fealt anything. Now I went to my garage tools and tried again with a strong magnet...and worked....both leather cases have a built in magnet strip, probably for a reason when we close the lid shots off the screen...this why the wireless charger not working :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech