Samsung ATT 512gb blue delay

cvgjava

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this 512gb AT&T version the day orders went live it initially got pushed back to the 24th of September and just received an email yesterday that it is pushed back another 30 days. I know it sounds petty but I feel like I'm just going to cancel the order and move on and find some other solution. I don't understand the process behind pre-orders it's certainly not the end of the world I was very much looking forward to using the phone I'll hang on to my current Note 8 and see if something else comes along. I have an unlocked phone now and prefer a branded version to use all of AT&T features.

Attachments

• 4320.jpg
    4320.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 122

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I would cancel. I don't think the price is going to rise, but between now and when you would get yours, multiple promotions and/or discounts will pop up. You are also losing a lot of your 60 day credit card dispute window (if applicable) waiting, though if you did need a return, they may take that into account. There is no upside to waiting on a list for a phone.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing a lot of orders from Samsung no matter the carrier are delayed. I ordered my AT&T variant blue 512gb on AT&T directly on the AT&T site on 9/1 with expected delivery of 9/25, but surprisingly my phone delivered on my birthday 9/11. I know many people ordered from Samsung for the perks but I wasn't interested in any of them so I just got mine off AT&T.

That's bonkers that people have ordered on preorder dates and still haven't received their phones when carriers seem to have them available sooner

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
If it were me, I'd cancel the AT&T order and grab the unlocked 512GB Note 9 on Amazon. They have both colors in stock and they come with a free Wireless Charging Duo and DeX Pad.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If he keeps the same sim, that shouldn't be an issue.

Actually you're incorrect.

For AT&T you lose HD calling, Enhanced Messaging, Visual Voicemail by default, (though you can download the APK), WiFi Calling, and when on the phone and web, you drop to HSPA... or whatever it is called... slower connection the 4G, and the ability to shut off the camera shutter sound without resorting to a third party app.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My Best Buy Verizon 512 order took over a month. I canceled it, but waited to see how long it took. Had an unlocked for three weeks now.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Actually you're incorrect.

For AT&T you lose HD calling, Enhanced Messaging, Visual Voicemail by default, (though you can download the APK), WiFi Calling, and when on the phone and web, you drop to HSPA... or whatever it is called... slower connection the 4G, and the ability to shut off the camera shutter sound without resorting to a third party app.

Yep. That's why I will never drop Tmobile. I can now just order unlocked from places like Amazon and b&H and not have roll the dice with Samsung.com anymore since Amazon now sells unlocked at release. With tmobile I still get wifi calling and the works on the unlocked model.

Anyway, I think it's totally stupid and unethical that these carriers take away most of the features for unlocked phones. Basic features such as Wifi calling should work with all carriers on unlocked phones. The FTC and FCC should put a stop to that. Carrier specific stuff like apps for video calling and other stuff I can see being allowed to restrict that, but wifi calling that is part of the actual phone's built in capabilities such as wifi calling should NOT be allowed to be restricted.

That would be like going to a chevy dealer and buying a new car and using a loan from your bank for financing instead of going thru the dealer's financing department and chevy locking you out of the on board navigation system features because you didn't finance thru them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shahraiz002