Samsung browser or chrome?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
i hate chrome because you have to press two things to get to your bookmarks.
with the samsung browser, you press one time, plus you can set your home button to a quick access feature, where it brings up bookmarks basically.
Does the Samsung browser sync with Chrome bookmarks? Because if it doesn't, then this makes how easy you say it is irrelevant. That would be nice, but I can't see any way to sync the bookmarks.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Does the Samsung browser sync with Chrome bookmarks? Because if it doesn't, then this makes how easy you say it is irrelevant. That would be nice, but I can't see any way to sync the bookmarks.

i've synced to a samsung account, but have not tried to chrome.
but why is it irrelevant? once the bookmarks are on the phone, its one tap to get to samsung bookmarks. with chrome, you have to tap menu, and then select boomarks. that infuriates me for some reason. lol. chrome has never handled bookmarks good. they want you to type in the search box instead.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
i've synced to a samsung account, but have not tried to chrome.
but why is it irrelevant? once the bookmarks are on the phone, its one tap to get to samsung bookmarks. with chrome, you have to tap menu, and then select boomarks. that infuriates me for some reason. lol. chrome has never handled bookmarks good. they want you to type in the search box instead.
The ease of getting to the bookmarks on thr Samsung browser is irrelevant if it won't sync with the bookmarks I have on Chrome on my PC. With Chrome, if I make a bookmark on my PC, if I go to bookmarks on my phone, it's also there. If I make a bookmark on my phone, a few minutes later it's accessible on my PC whenever I want to. That's the reason I use Chrome. If there is no way for the bookmarks on Chrome in the PC to sync and appear on the Samsung browser like this, then it's useless to me. Hence, the ease of bookmark access on that browser is irrelevant TO ME if no such syncing feature exists.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The ease of getting to the bookmarks on thr Samsung browser is irrelevant if it won't sync with the bookmarks I have on Chrome on my PC. With Chrome, if I make a bookmark on my PC, if I go to bookmarks on my phone, it's also there. If I make a bookmark on my phone, a few minutes later it's accessible on my PC whenever I want to. That's the reason I use Chrome. If there is no way for the bookmarks on Chrome in the PC to sync and appear on the Samsung browser like this, then it's useless to me. Hence, the ease of bookmark access on that browser is irrelevant TO ME if no such syncing feature exists.

well how often are you adding bookmarks, versus using the bookmarks?
but anyways, looks like there's a samsung chrome extension that will allow you to sync. i may try this..
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/samsung-sync/epejdmjgfibjaffbmojllapapjejipkh?hl=en-US

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
but anyways, looks like there's a samsung chrome extension that will allow you to sync. i may try this..
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/samsung-sync/epejdmjgfibjaffbmojllapapjejipkh?hl=en-US
I add a lot. Basically if I encounter any new cases (medical intern), I do a quick search on uptodate and medscape and bookmark it for a short overview once I get home. Helps reading from books when you already have an overview of the case. It's easier to use bookmarks for me in this scenario.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I think you are missing a big point. The extension only works with desktop Chrome. What happens if you have Chrome in Nexus tablet or iPad or iPhone? Then you are not covered. So, to be specific, if all you want is to sync desktop bookmarks, then this extension works but not beyond that.

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung browser all the way. I just love how it works and looks. And when you get a website link in a text, the way it opens up even if you slide it down to minimize it. It's awesome

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I use chrome the most on desk/lap tops but the bookmarks it imported from desktop to my s7e don't include the folder structure. So a neatly organized directory system becomes a thousand long list. I'll give the big G a break for a while. They're taking over enough.

The Samsung browser is pretty good. I wouldn't have even tried it except for reading about it here. Installed the adblock but you don't really need it if you use NetGuard, available on another forum.

Dolphin is top notch unsung hero. It bought in my dolphin bookmarks from my previous phone just fine.

captfbgnet

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Always used chrome in the past as like the sync between devices. But to me the Samsung browser with an ad blocker offers a much better browsing experience so I've been using that and am happy with it. If they could add chrome sync somehow it would be awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ditto!!!!

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time chrome user, but I've recently switched to the samsung browser for ad blocking
I use the Samsung Sync Chrome extension to sync my chrome bookmarks with the Samsung browser
works well.

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone comment on how the Samsung browser compares to the Firefox browser (both with the ad blocking add-ins)?

I have been happy using FF with the adblock add-in and it has been noticeably faster than Chrome...but I also wouldn't say that it is a massive-so-you-have-to-try-it difference. It also syncs bookmarks across devices once you sign into Firefox on each device.