Samsung Customer Service S6 Repair

Zohaib Ali3

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Within a month the home button became loose and the right side stopped working. I called up customer service to report fault who said to me to take it to a samsung store which I did. They took it in for repair and said it would take two weeks. I called back two weeks later and was told my part hadn't even been ordered! After speaking to the staff there they finally managed to get the part overnight and I went to collect two days later. I was assured the phone was fully functional. I tested it a the store and it still didn't work to which the tech guy replied 'our engineer might have not checked it'.

SO I sent it off for a repair with samsung when my phone arrives back from samsung the home button is still loose! I called yet again to complain and this was told that that samsung don't even replace phones.

I am sending the phone off again for the third time to fix the problem I first mentioned.

has anyone else experienced appalling customer service?

Z ALI

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Within a month the home button became loose and the right side stopped working. I called up customer service to report fault who said to me to take it to a samsung store which I did. They took it in for repair and said it would take two weeks. I called back two weeks later and was told my part hadn't even been ordered! After speaking to the staff there they finally managed to get the part overnight and I went to collect two days later. I was assured the phone was fully functional. I tested it a the store and it still didn't work to which the tech guy replied 'our engineer might have not checked it'.

SO I sent it off for a repair with samsung when my phone arrives back from samsung the home button is still loose! I called yet again to complain and this was told that that samsung don't even replace phones.

I am sending the phone off again for the third time to fix the problem I first mentioned.

has anyone else experienced appalling customer service?

Z ALI

Nope. Why didn't you just do a warranty exchange?

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Why didn't you just do a warranty exchange?

Unless you are within the 14 day carrier return period (or however long it may be) you have to deal with Samsung to get the phone fixed and they fix it. There is no 'warranty exchange' as far as I can tell unless it is something Samsung deems un-fixable. If you have the extended warranty then you can exchange the phone, but only if it is physical or water damage and you pay $75.

I have to send my S6 in because the digitizer is going out and they made it clear when I set up the RMA that they will make every attempt to fix the phone and if they cant then it will get replaced with a 'new' (aka maybe refurbished) phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are within the 14 day carrier return period (or however long it may be) you have to deal with Samsung to get the phone fixed and they fix it. There is no 'warranty exchange' as far as I can tell unless it is something Samsung deems un-fixable. If you have the extended warranty then you can exchange the phone, but only if it is physical or water damage and you pay $75.

I have to send my S6 in because the digitizer is going out and they made it clear when I set up the RMA that they will make every attempt to fix the phone and if they cant then it will get replaced with a 'new' (aka maybe refurbished) phone.

Manufacturer warranty is for a year. I would called the carrier.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Manufacturer warranty is for a year. I would called the carrier.

Correct, but that does not mean you just get another one when you call them. If you call the carrier they will just shunt you to Samsung, unless you have the carrier protection plan that covers mechanical stuff, and Samsung will try and fix the device. At least AT&T will shunt you to Samsung, they did with me. They will not just straight up swap out of a phone 99% of the time; at $700 to $1,000 a pop that would be an insane cost for Samsung or a carrier. Like most major electronic companies they will try and fix it first as that costs much, much less.

Though it would be very nice if they just swapped phones. Would save quite a bit of hassle but considering how much these things cost I can definitely understand them wanting to try and fix it first.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I ended up having to get my S6 from Best Buy and got the Geek Squad protection plan. After about 3 weeks of having the phone, display went out. Took it back to Best Buy to swap it out, they made me go through Geek Squad. Filed a claim, they shipped me a grade A refurbished phone, took two days to receive it. Then had 30 days to send back the defective unit. Didn't cost me a dime, but did have to put a CC on file incase they found water damage (which it didn't have).

I did talk to Samsung and they wanted me to ship the phone to them, they will find the problem, call to inform me of what it is and if there is gonna be any fee associated with it, then repair, and finally ship it back... 2 week turn around. No thanks.

Best of luck to you bub. Hope they get it all worked out this time around.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Tell them it's not fit for purpose and did not work for a reasonable length of time. On that basis, you request a full refund, including postage costs.

Zohaib Ali3

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had it back for the third time and despite explaining the problem they said it works fine. I called them and they want to send it for a soap test (check everything on the pone) I polielty refused and they're getting a manager to call me tomorrow. I was told after three attempts of fixing it it would be replaced so I'm expecting one. Once it is sorted I will probably sell it as I have lost all faith in samsung!!

racrgrl

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm with att and I had a problem with my s6 , have to turn the speaker on for people to hear you, they did a warranty exchange no questions asked but stupid fed ex delivered the new phone in 2 days and the box was crushed and wet , so I refused delivery, this was yesterday, my new one should be here by the time I get home.

Lee Sweeting

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hope this doesn't happen to me.... My home button has also become loose and I too have to send it back to Samsung..... Waiting on the envelope to send it back in... Going to be without a phone for probably over 3 weeks (not good)

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I had a horrible experience with my galaxy s3 and finally upgraded to the s6 in april. My whole fam uses iphone 6's but i always preferred the samsung platform. Last week my daughter dropped her iphone 6 in the pool. We took it to the apple store. We had no insurance with the carrier and did not purchase apple care either. They looked up our account and said even though the inside was drenched and that voided the 1 year warranty... They replaced the phone on the spot with a brand new 6...in the box... Not a refurbished one. Honestly.... When my contract is up.... I am going to switch to an iphone. This experience was a game changer for me. When my galaxy s3 was 3 months old the internal charging port broke. They said it wasnt covered. I had to go the next 21 months with a broken charger port or buy a new phone. Appalling.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a horrible experience with my galaxy s3 and finally upgraded to the s6 in april. My whole fam uses iphone 6's but i always preferred the samsung platform. Last week my daughter dropped her iphone 6 in the pool. We took it to the apple store. We had no insurance with the carrier and did not purchase apple care either. They looked up our account and said even though the inside was drenched and that voided the 1 year warranty... They replaced the phone on the spot with a brand new 6...in the box... Not a refurbished one. Honestly.... When my contract is up.... I am going to switch to an iphone. This experience was a game changer for me. When my galaxy s3 was 3 months old the internal charging port broke. They said it wasnt covered. I had to go the next 21 months with a broken charger port or buy a new phone. Appalling.

Your samsung phone has a one year warranty. Should have contacted them, sent in your phone, and it would have been fixed. Free of charge.

You got lucky with apple. Either he liked you, or he felt sorry. Because i have heard the opposite about apple care.

But i understand your plight. I prefer samsung also. But in no way would i pull out my iPhone 6 as my daily driver. I would, and have considered either the G4 or M9 to replace this S6. But for the time being, I'm stuck with the S6.

Janet OSully

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
At the time samsung told me the internal charging port was considered an external feature so it was not covered under the warranty. Trust me I fought them tooth and nail.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
At the time samsung told me the internal charging port was considered an external feature so it was not covered under the warranty. Trust me I fought them tooth and nail.

The charging port is not external. It is a vital internal part of the phone that not only charges the phone, but it's vital to its proprietary software. Kies 1, 2, and 3 and now it's new app....forgot what is called.

Regardless, they expected you to buy wireless charging gear to charge it? Something is amiss here.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

And you bet. If i ever have a problem with the charging port and Samsung says what they said to you, I'll be switching brands that day.

Zohaib Ali3

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Spoke to a manager who again tried to push for further testing but I refused now they are getting their escalation team to call me to discuss options its already been in for repair three times I'm not sending it again!!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This is the Apple way. Your experience is par for the course with Apple. Why Samsung doesn't see the benefit of emulating this astounds me.

from the Elegance

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is the Apple way. Your experience is par for the course with Apple. Why Samsung doesn't see the benefit of emulating this astounds me.

from the Elegance

Not true. While yes, they can be more "honorable" than samsung in many ways, it is not par for apple without paying for apple care.

My mom has a 5s. 4 months after buying it the silence switch broke, still intact but stuck on silence. She took it to Sprint and they said yep, it's under warranty but you'll have to contact apple. She drove 50 miles to our nearest apple store. They said, yeah, normally it would be covered under warranty but this broke because of abuse. Well, my mom is 73 and has never touched the switch until her phone wasn't ringing and etc. And i told her it might have accidentally been flipped to silent but flipping it either way made no difference. Any who, they asked if she had apple care. She said no. They told her she had to pay to fix it.

So just because they've been good to many doesn't mean all have had great experiences. So to you, apple may be #1 but to me, they are like everyone else. ....greedy sob's.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Not true. While yes, they can be more "honorable" than samsung in many ways, it is not par for apple without paying for apple care.

My mom has a 5s. 4 months after buying it the silence switch broke, still intact but stuck on silence. She took it to Sprint and they said yep, it's under warranty but you'll have to contact apple. She drove 50 miles to our nearest apple store. They said, yeah, normally it would be covered under warranty but this broke because of abuse. Well, my mom is 73 and has never touched the switch until her phone wasn't ringing and etc. And i told her it might have accidentally been flipped to silent but flipping it either way made no difference. Any who, they asked if she had apple care. She said no. They told her she had to pay to fix it.

So just because they've been good to many doesn't mean all have had great experiences. So to you, apple may be #1 but to me, they are like everyone else. ....greedy sob's.

"Par for the course" to me means its more normal than not. Not that there are never exceptions. IME and from what I've heard from people is that Apple is more likely to "bend" their rules to satisfy a customer than they are not to do so.

from the Elegance

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc