Samsung flow is great

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone determine whether SideSync and Samsung Flow are different in function?
Yeah I've used side sync, it's more for being able to "cast" your note 8 screen on your computer and then you can navigate it as you would on the phone itself... Albeit more clumsily. Flow let's you transfer files between the devices, see notifications coming on your phone on your computer, see and reply to text messages on your computer and unlock your computer using the biometric features of the note 8.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've used side sync, it's more for being able to "cast" your note 8 screen on your computer and then you can navigate it as you would on the phone itself... Albeit more clumsily. Flow let's you transfer files between the devices, see notifications coming on your phone on your computer, see and reply to text messages on your computer and unlock your computer using the biometric features of the note 8.

Thanks for that clear explanation. So SideSync isn't really what I want.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
If you have a windows 10 computer I highly suggest Samsung flow. I get all my notifications from my phone to the computer. You can also unlock your computer using bio-metrics on your phone (eyes or finger print). So far I am a fan!

Every day I use this I like it more. Has worked flawlessly for me. Thanks again.
Wonder why it only has mediocre ratings in the Store.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Any one know if you can install samsung flow on another phone that has no sim and be able to get notifications on it from main phone?

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed Flow after having used SideSync but it's really useless for me because I don't have Bluetooth on my old PC... BUT I better get that added on now, because I saw an update on my PC for Sidesync today which included this pop-up message - SideSync's days are numbered!
feff5689816bba9bcb31b4c3aeded416.jpg

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to get Samsung FLow to work to pair my Surface BOok 2 and Note 8 but to no avail.

I keep getting an error after pairing the device. says: "Samsung flow must be opened on the paired device" but it IS open on the N8. Ends up unpairing the phone again and back to square 1.

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinistalling but still same error.

ANyone else with this issue?

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had to do it simultaneously. There is a passkey that has to match or it won't work. Suggestion, uninstall both and when ready make sure both Bluetooth devices are on. Then make sure NFC is on. And then follow the rest of the instructions.

Good luck
Pass keys did match but same error.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
May help to check if a firewall is blocking port(s) needed for Samsung Flow to communicate from the Surface Book to the phone.

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks - I've got a PC with no Bluetooth - wired Ethernet - my phone connects easily to it via Sidesync over USB or Wifi (as they are on the same WiFi network) - but is this better and does it work over WiFi?

Vectorspace

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
With Sidesync I could make calls on my PC through the phone, and use my PC headset.
If I try and make a call through Flow, I can make the phone dial from the PC, but it still uses the phone microphone and speaker, not the PC's. Has anyone else got this to work?

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
how many devices can you connect with Bluetooth at the same time?
i have blueTooth headphone's and if i also connect samsung flow with bluetooth together at the same time.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
SideSync use's WiFi or USB.. not reliable, keep's disconnecting when it's on wireless.
Samsung Flow uses Bluetooth. it's more reliable for wireless

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mervy333