Samsung Galaxy A03 core draw overlay not allowed

bristol406

Mar 3, 2023
Visit site
I have a Galaxy A03 core. I want to use Macrodroid to to launch an app when power is connected and kill the app when power is disconnected and also turn the screen on or off. Unfortunately, Macodroid requires draw overlay to do this and the A03 core does not allow it - it says it's not allowed because it will slow down the phone. Slowing down the phone would not be an issue for me as the phone is only going to ever run this one app ( Realdash ). I was wondering if there was a custom ROM that would allow me to turn on draw overlay so that I can use this phone for my project. The phone is currently rooted running a rooted Samsung stock android 11. Any advice would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Galaxy A3 forum (which is actually for the old 2017 A3) to the Galaxy A Series forum (which is for the more recent A line).

The A03 Core runs Android Go by default, which is a pared down version of Android designed for low-spec phones. Display Over Other Apps is not supported in Android Go. Do you know if the ROM is full Android 11, or is it a ROM of Android 11 Go?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
how can you help cause i want the overlay

how can i enable the overlay even if it slows down the phone performance
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have? This is important to know, because if you have a low-spec budget phone that runs Android Go, it won't support drawing over other apps -- that's an inherent limitation of Android Go.