Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I suppose it's possible that it might have some variants of the same device on each carrier.. say the Nexus Prime for T-Mo and where ever else the Nexus is offered globally. On Sprint it might be the Nexus Prime 4G, Verizon will be the Droid Prime and maybe this Nexus Galaxy stuff is for the likes of AT&T? the real question at that point would be if the "renamed" ones have bloat and even worse manufacturer UI's.. the same hardware (and ICS?) just different names on different carriers (much like the current Galaxy lines). Before y'all execute my mental musings it could be possible in the sense that Google might be wanting to offer the phone in a more broad manor and this would be a way.

also even if they did have manufacturer ui's and bloat we'll eventually have root and in my limited knowledge of making a ROM I'd think it would be easy enough to port the Nexus Primes stock plain vanilla build to the other devices since the hardware would be identical (outside of radios).

just my thoughts :)

shanx

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
this Verizon only rumor is really disappointing me, Google has always supported GSM, CDMA only nexus phone is gonna be such a small circuit of customers to go after. More then likely they'll release an international version... Guess im gonna have to import it.. Sigh

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
this Verizon only rumor is really disappointing me, Google has always supported GSM, CDMA only nexus phone is gonna be such a small circuit of customers to go after. More then likely they'll release an international version... Guess im gonna have to import it.. Sigh

There's nothing really small about Verizon.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

this is why I believe that it'll not be the Nexus on Verizon but rather a variant of the same phone. CDMA is Verizon and Sprint as far as I know it doesn't exist outside the US and that would make no sense to limit the Nexus phone like that.. however the Droid Prime makes perfect sense. it may also come out first with the Nexus Prime following shortly after much like the OG Droid followed by the Nexus One.

Joshua Munoz

May 6, 2010
www.joshuamunoz.com

It will not only be on Verizon. You'd be foolish to think they'll never release it on other carriers in the states.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be kinda disappointed if it's a 4.65" with curved glass. I personally think 4.3" is the perfect screen size. For me anything above starts to feel too big.
I'll be picking up the Galaxy S II in the coming weeks and was debating on picking up one of these if the specs were right and whenever it comes to at&t. We'll see though.

epic_mike29

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Man, im sitting on an upgrade right now and dont know what to get. I was all for getting the "epic 4G touch" till they made the screen to a 4.5, personally that is too much screen for me. This one was my next hold out but now idk due to the screen size. i guess i will just stick with my epic 4G

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be kinda disappointed if it's a 4.65" with curved glass. I personally think 4.3" is the perfect screen size. For me anything above starts to feel too big.
I'll be picking up the Galaxy S II in the coming weeks and was debating on picking up one of these if the specs were right and whenever it comes to at&t. We'll see though.

yeah screen size seems a bit ridiculous to me.. I'm all for 4" as being the perfect size. if they make it 4.65" what's next a 5" screen?! they'll have to keep out doing themselves until we all have tablets in our pockets.. :/

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing about sgsII. Only time will tell.

the Droid Prime might be why Verizon didn't get a sgsII.. they knew they had the Prime coming so didn't want to offer a variant of the sgsII that might take from the Prime and the very expensive marketing campaign they're going to have. :p

Lucifer

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
if in fact the rumors are true and the nexus3 is a Samsung i will be passing it up. i just do not like the Samsung name in the world of android

Now whenever I see these anti-samsung posts, there's never an explanation other than that their updates being late, which I agree that I'd hate as well.

Samsung makes better hardware than HTC or Sony or any other mobile makers, it's of good quality.
Sounds like u guys are just envying the brand.

4ekbrandon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Now whenever I see these anti-samsung posts, there's never an explanation other than that their updates being late, which I agree that I'd hate as well.

Samsung makes better hardware than HTC or Sony or any other mobile makers, it's of good quality.

It's all because of that dodgy "plasticky" feeling of the phone man!

......Even tough my Epic feels just fine, and I've dropped it tons of times since I got it on launch day with literally 0 problems.

PS: If they plan on announcing it in October, I expect a release date in early December. The 6th sounds like a solid day for some reason.

Reactions: TuxDotKing

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Do people really judge each other on their phone? You might want to reconsider those associations.

"You know yankdez, me and the guys have been talking. We really don't appreciate you coming around here with a single core processor."

Of course people judge each other on phones. Iphone vs android. And I said "i don't care if people judge me for having a samsung nexus." If I don't care, why would I need to reconsider my associations?

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree. The N1 and Nexus A were released for every carrier but I'm willing to bet the Droid and Droid X each sold more than the 2 Nexus devices combined sales. If Google wants a top-selling phone that gets some media attention they want it on Verizon.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There's nothing really small about Verizon.

I agree. The N1 and Nexus S were released for every carrier except Verizon but I'm willing to bet the Droid and Droid X each sold more than the 2 Nexus devices combined sales. If Google wants a top-selling phone that gets some media attention then they want it on Verizon.

Scottatron

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Samsungs updates are fine, it is the US carriers that take their sweet time.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
this is why I believe that it'll not be the Nexus on Verizon but rather a variant of the same phone. CDMA is Verizon and Sprint as far as I know it doesn't exist outside the US and that would make no sense to limit the Nexus phone like that.. however the Droid Prime makes perfect sense. it may also come out first with the Nexus Prime following shortly after much like the OG Droid followed by the Nexus One.

The first Nexus was released originally on T-mobile. I'm not sure where everyone is getting "Verizon would be limited" when releasing a phone exclusively on T-Mobile is as limited as you can get.

The only reason this phone could be the Droid Prime is because of Verizon not because of Google.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The first Nexus was released originally on T-mobile. I'm not sure where everyone is getting "Verizon would be limited" when releasing a phone exclusively on T-Mobile is as limited as you can get.

The only reason this phone could be the Droid Prime is because of Verizon not because of Google.

T-Mobile phones do use bands that work with 3G overseas. They're just not compatible with the 3G that AT&T uses. But they both work with overseas 3G.