Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) Case for the note without any magnets

V5RED

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been looking for a case for the note, but all the ones I have seen have magnets in them in some form. Every one I have seen has the auto sleep magnets and most have magnetic closures. After reading many reviews and seeing a video where the magnets cause the note to not respond to the s-pen in the area covered by the magnets from either the closure or the auto sleep function, I am wary of buying any case with any magnets in it.

My main purpose in getting a case is for the stand. I plan to buy a separate bluetooth keyboard to pair with it so I can type notes in classes where this is needed. I looked into keyboard cases, but none of them had good reviews.

Does anyone here know of magnet free cases?

I have read that I can remove the magnets for the auto-sleep feature, but I would prefer not needing to dissect my new case just so it doesn't damage the note.

Thank you for any help.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, actually the Belkin case for the Note 10.1 2014 has no magnets. I bought it when I bought my Note from Best Buy. They tried to push a "SkyRocket" brand, or something like that, but I had already read that the Belkin case was nice. And it's MUCH cheaper than the official Samsung case

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Kensington keyfolio pro 2 universal. I haven't put the note in it yet. (I am getting it tomorrow), but it only has magnets in the lower portion to hold the keyboard in place, so when it's open and propped up the magnets (I believe) shouldn't cause any interference with the s pen, but I will certainly do an update once I put the note inside. The nice thing about this case is that the keyboard comes out easily and snaps back in perfectly and it was only like 39 bucks on Amazon. the other nice thing is that is uses Velcro "corner holders" and gives you two different sets to hold the note in place. Because it is not "form fitted" to the note it means that you can place the note upside down in the case and charge it from the top if you wanted to watch a movie while charging it. (I know it sounds stupid, but there's no other way to charge the device while in a case the way Samsung placed the charging port [nice one Samsung]). I'll post again once I've actually played with it for a bit with the note inside it.

BigBravo

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered a case from 10.1 2014 - Free Shipping - DX. Probably not the best quality, but the price is good. But don't do as I did: first I ordered cover for note 10.1 because I thought the dimension was the same as note 10.1 2014. A mistake, but I am the one to blame for not checking things out.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I got one of those cheap IVSO brand cheap from Amazon and I actually like it. Well protected and yes it has magnet. The nice thing with cover case is: when you open ii, it will wake up instantly. You then get right into the quick access where you see time, weather, calendar but not your schedule and quick S-note pad to jog down stuff. All these without having to unlock. I like it…

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Rocketfish generic 10 inch case @Best Buy. Somebody stole the case I ordered from Amazon...

Sent from my iPad

drmrw2

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Kensington keyfolio pro 2 universal. I haven't put the note in it yet. (I am getting it tomorrow), but it only has magnets in the lower portion to hold the keyboard in place, so when it's open and propped up the magnets (I believe) shouldn't cause any interference with the s pen, but I will certainly do an update once I put the note inside. The nice thing about this case is that the keyboard comes out easily and snaps back in perfectly and it was only like 39 bucks on Amazon. the other nice thing is that is uses Velcro "corner holders" and gives you two different sets to hold the note in place. Because it is not "form fitted" to the note it means that you can place the note upside down in the case and charge it from the top if you wanted to watch a movie while charging it. (I know it sounds stupid, but there's no other way to charge the device while in a case the way Samsung placed the charging port [nice one Samsung]). I'll post again once I've actually played with it for a bit with the note inside it.

Ok got the note 10.1 2014 today. loving it! the case works well. you put the four rubber corners onto the note and then Velcro it in position in the case. You can then EASILY slip the top two corners off the note to take it out of the case. The keyboard works well. I have noticed no problems with the s pen. interestingly, there is no slider button for turning off the on screen keyboard but I have noticed a couple of things:

1. when you turn on the BT keyboard you can type with it (like when writing an email) but the on screen keyboard remains. If, however, you do a long hold of the home button to bring up the app switcher and then hit the back button the on screen keyboard is gone and stays gone until you power down the BT keyboard. Also, if you use "Swiftkey" (which I love), switching the keyboard on automatically turns off swiftkey, but also automatically defaults to the Samsung keyboard...if you want swiftkey back again when done with the BT keyboard then you need to get into settings, etc. etc. Any how I do like how the keyboard can be held in the case magnetically. Also because the case, where it holds your note, has a strip of Velcro on the bottom edge you can, without the keyboard attached, put the note in any position (to achieve just about any angle of viewing). Finally, unlike custom cutout cases (for ports) you can put the note in upside down and charge it from the top while using it (yes it's weird to have to home and back buttons at the top, but its functional).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson