Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Start-Up Issue

GaryKoC

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have had this tablet for a couple of years and has always worked fine. For the last few months it won't turn on right.

When I press the power button it starts up and goes to the screen that says 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' then makes it's little whispy sound and loads up the screen with the word SAMSUNG across it, then nothing.

I have read about people doing 'power + volume up' to get into factory reset the device but this won't work for me. It just loops at the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen.

Does anyone know how I get this resolved, I don't mind factory resetting it as I didn't have anything of importance on it but I can't get to the menu.

Or is there a way I can perform the factory reset by connecting it to my PC?

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Press and hold Volume Up key + Power. Keep the keys pressed until the Samsung Logo appears,Then release only the Power key. When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu, release the Volume Up Key.

Use Volume Up and Volume Down to navigate. When you get to Factory Reset, use the Power key to select it.

GaryKoC

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Press and hold Volume Up key + Power. Keep the keys pressed until the Samsung Logo appears,Then release only the Power key. When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu, release the Volume Up Key.

Use Volume Up and Volume Down to navigate. When you get to Factory Reset, use the Power key to select it.

Like I stated I have been trying that, if I let go of the power button at the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen the tablet just loads on as always and gets stuck at the 'SAMSUNG' screen. If I hold on waiting for the 'SAMSUNG' screen the tablet takes me holding the power button as a restart and shuts off and starts up again only to do the same every time it gets to the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen.

I don't know why this isn't working but if I can reboot from my PC it might be better.

Thanks.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 10.1 (2014), when I press and hold the power and volume up key, small text shows up in the upper left hand corner of the screen... "Recovery booting"... at approximately the same time as the Samsung black and white screen shows up. Do you not see this?

I'm sure you must be pressing the correct side of the volume button, right? Press and hold the volume up key before pressing and holding the power button. Don't attempt to do both at the same time or the command might get missed. Don't release any keys until the "Recovery booting" text shows up... it shouldn't take long.

If you still can't get it to work, you might try disassembling the tablet and disconnecting/reconnecting the battery connector. There are videos on how to do that on Youtube and it's a relatively easy task. I had to do it when my tablet wouldn't turn on after I drained the battery while watching a movie. The tablet wouldn't respond to anything until I pulled/reconnected the battery connector.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
If I hold on waiting for the 'SAMSUNG' screen the tablet takes me holding the power button as a restart and shuts off and starts up again only to do the same every time it gets to the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1' screen.
Try this: remove the back cover, press directly on the battery connector while power up. If it can boot to the starting screen then the problem is from a cracked battery connector. Make sure you have at least 50% battery, Samsung tablet won't be able to boot if battery is low or battery connector is cracked ( open solder joints ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995