Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or Wait for a Possible 3?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I could be sold on anything without the S pen at this point, anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Even though I don't use it much I agree. Those drop down menus that I could never use or at least figure out how to now work because of the SPen. The hover serves as a scroll over where as my finger only had one input which was select.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The S4 is about to be announced. Not to mention the LG Optimus G Pro is coming to the US sometime in the 2nd quarter--well before a Note 3 will be coming--if you prefer a phablet. I've grown to like the S Pen, otherwise I'd drop the money on a Pro myself.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would jump on the note 2 now. A lot of good deals out there (I got mine for $149 and on top of that got $50 best buy gift card). If note 3 blows you away, you should be able to sell the 2 on eBay. Sold my Evo lte for $199.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I got my note 2 for $37, due to price match error, but I know some who got it for $50 from best buy with price match and gc. Best Buy's price match policy changed recently, but you never know.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is about to be announced. Not to mention the LG Optimus G Pro is coming to the US sometime in the 2nd quarter--well before a Note 3 will be coming--if you prefer a phablet. I've grown to like the S Pen, otherwise I'd drop the money on a Pro myself.

Being as it's an LG, I wouldn't get it... my run with LG extended to the optimus, which, thankfully to the dev community, made it into a tolerable phone. Oh, and LG is horrible with updates.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

bme1971

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
One thing you have to consider is it takes a while for the reviews to come back to see if it's a good phone. Just because the note 2 is great does not guarantee the note 3 will be also. The other thing is accessories. If you want them it takes a while to get them after the phone comes out. I got the note 2 a couple of months ago after I researched reviews and found out it was a great phone and all the accessories were available . Are you willing to wait that long? Hope this helps!

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered my note 2 today. Will not wait for the S4 as it will most likely be a speed bump. I prefer the size and the battery life of the note 2. I have yearly upgrades so the note 2 will suffice for one year for sure :)

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I got my note 2 for $37, due to price match error, but I know some who got it for $50 from best buy with price match and gc. Best Buy's price match policy changed recently, but you never know.

Best buy no longer price matches contract phones. I.e amazon. Because amazon has their own early termination fee on top of the carriers. But they're always helpful and will take care of the customer when it comes to price matching.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best buy no longer price matches contract phones. I.e amazon. Because amazon has their own early termination fee on top of the carriers. But they're always helpful and will take care of the customer when it comes to price matching.

Even their old policy explicitly excludes mobile phones from amazon, but I was able to get them to pm amazon. Then, when I tried to get them to pm SAMs, they gave me every excuse they could think of to not pm, even though, what I was doing was completely within the guidelines at the time of the pm.

Bottom line, even though their policy may explicitly exclude something, you may still get lucky. Many people pm to amazon for cell phones like me, even though it was explicitly not allowed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...hen-they-turn-you-down-first-second-time.html

With that said, just because a retailer didn't have the secondary etf didn't mean that it would cost more. I bought Verizon's first HD smartphone for $50 on contract within 2 weeks of release from Costco, which had no secondary etf

Last edited:

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Even their old policy explicitly excludes mobile phones from amazon, but I was able to get them to pm amazon. Then, when I tried to get them to pm SAMs, they gave me every excuse they could think of to not pm, even though, what I was doing was completely within the guidelines at the time of the pm.

Bottom line, even though their policy may explicitly exclude something, you may still get lucky. Many people pm to amazon for cell phones like me, even though it was explicitly not allowed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...hen-they-turn-you-down-first-second-time.html

With that said, just because a retailer didn't have the secondary etf didn't mean that it would cost more. I bought Verizon's first HD smartphone for $50 on contract within 2 weeks of release from Costco, which had no secondary etf

I didn't say we were going to stop PM. Our SOP always included the no price match to amazon on anything. But we always took care of the customer, it is up to the store if it makes sense or not. It's just that now they're tightening the leash. There's plenty other way we can work with the customer.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say we were going to stop PM. Our SOP always included the no price match to amazon on anything. But we always took care of the customer, it is up to the store if it makes sense or not. It's just that now they're tightening the leash. There's plenty other way we can work with the customer.

The best buy policy prior to 3/3 included pm to amazon explicitly, but had some exceptions, mobile phones being one of them.

You are right that it depends on the store, or sometimes even the manager or csr. I was hassled when pming to sams club one time, few days later at the same store, was able to pm to sams club on another note 2, no hassle at all.

Btw, i understand them tightening the leash, I just don't appreciate being given the run around and them using every tactic not to pm, as what happened to me on my first note 2 as i discussed in this thread here .

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=255363

Last edited:

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
The best buy policy prior to 3/3 included pm to amazon explicitly, but had some exceptions, mobile phones being one of them.

You are right that it depends on the store, or sometimes even the manager or csr. I was hassled when pming to sams club one time, few days later at the same store, was able to pm to sams club on another note 2, no hassle at all.

Btw, i understand them tightening the leash, I just don't appreciate being given the run around and them using every tactic not to pm, as what happened to me on my first note 2 as i discussed in this thread here .

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=255363

I see why they would hassle you when you try to PM sams club. As you have to pay for a membership to buy from there. Like I said it all depends on the store, the manager and the sales rep. But now, they're not going to price match after the purchase and i believe this is going to be enforced very tightly, we will only guarantee the price for 15 days. And that is for everything that best buy carries not just contract phones.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I see why they would hassle you when you try to PM sams club. As you have to pay for a membership to buy from there. Like I said it all depends on the store, the manager and the sales rep. But now, they're not going to price match after the purchase and i believe this is going to be enforced very tightly, we will only guarantee the price for 15 days. And that is for everything that best buy carries not just contract phones.

Best Buy Price Match Guarantee explicitly allowed price matching to clubs when I bought the phone, though yes, it changed recently. Had they said that it was their managers policy, then that would be a different story, but they said that it was best buy policy. It wasn't just that either, if you read the thread that I linked to, you can see that they tried to pull every excuse possible for not price matching

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Why not just get the Note 2. You will not be sorry. As for the S4 and is pentile display, no way. Get the Note 2 and you won't have to worry about another phone upgrade for years.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Why not just get the Note 2. You will not be sorry. As for the S4 and is pentile display, no way. Get the Note 2 and you won't have to worry about another phone upgrade for years.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

You have not seen the new pentile so maybe they should wait and see the S4 before judging if the display is a deciding factor. My Note 2 is amazing but I'm not writing off the S4 display before I see it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
At this point I dont think the word possible is even in samsungs language.

The note is so insanely popular thats there will most definitely be a note 3. Though if its a 6.3" screen I may pass.

I wish they would release how many units sold like they did when it first released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2