Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Switches Off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I really love this phone model even though it is old. I had a problem with a previous phone of this model as it kept stalling and switching off particularly with certain apps (although it is difficult to determine which ones otherwise I would delete them).

It is not a problem with the batteries as I have many of them.

It is also not fixed when I try a factory reset and start installing apps as I have tried different configurations of this process and none fix the problem.

I have a feeling it is because certain apps cannot cope with Android 6.1.1 which cannot be updated on this phone model.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated as it is really annoying!!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
fuzzylumpkin's point is that the age of the device and how outdated the firmware on it are the real problem, and the issue you're experiencing is somehow related to that.

So have you tried reinstalling the firmware yet?
Going be hard find firmware that old and kies to flash, it can be done but need time research

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately there comes a time when devices age out, and are no longer compatible with current technology. I've had it happen to perfectly good devices that I really liked, and wanted to continue using... but after so long everything gets left behind :-\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam