Samsung galaxy s21 ultra

r3deh

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys so i have a galaxy s21 ultra sm-g998u version and I'm outside usa at the moment and the problem is I'm still running android 12 and I can't update. The service provider for software version is xaa/xaa,xaa/att is there anyway that i can get updates with this firmware and if the answer is no then I want to flash sm-g998u1 how can I do it i never did it before and I'm afraid to break the phone what should I do and if i flashed the sm-g998u1 will i get ota updates regularly and after updating is there any apps or features that i will miss, would that lead to factory reset.
This shows in my software update: your software is up to date current version:G998USQU5CVGB / G998UOYN5CVGB/G998USQU5CVGB

ThanksScreenshot_20231028-164634_Settings.jpg

r3deh

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

To go to the U1 firmware you will need Odin patch B from XDA and frija from XDA and use the latest versions , in Odin slot where it says CSC use home CSC so it doesn't factory reset
Sorry for replying late, I was so busy at work. I did it about two days ago I installed a firmware and now it's sm-g998u1 I used csc not home one by mistake but it's fine but the problem is the service provider software version still xaa/xaa,xaa/att how is that it should be now xaa/xaa,xaa/xaa right? Did I make something wrong ? Will I get Ota updates right now?
Would you explain to me please if you can?
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for replying late, I was so busy at work. I did it about two days ago I installed a firmware and now it's sm-g998u1 I used csc not home one by mistake but it's fine but the problem is the service provider software version still xaa/xaa,xaa/att how is that it should be now xaa/xaa,xaa/xaa right? Did I make something wrong ? Will I get Ota updates right now?
Would you explain to me please if you can?
Thanks
Yeah as long as the model number in about phone is sm-g998u1 you successfully flashed it .
xaa/xaa,xaa/xaa the 3rd only if it was originally unlocked firmware
xaa/xaa,xaa/att shows ATT because it was originally Att device so that won't ever change the other that say XAA will once you put a carrier sim card in .

Reactions: r3deh

r3deh

Oct 28, 2023
Visit site
Yeah as long as the model number in about phone is sm-g998u1 you successfully flashed it .
xaa/xaa,xaa/xaa the 3rd only if it was originally unlocked firmware
xaa/xaa,xaa/att shows ATT because it was originally Att device so that won't ever change the other that say XAA will once you put a carrier sim card in .
Yeah it is sm-g998u1 now great actually it was easier than what I expected:) thanks for your answers and help you're the best

Reactions: mustang7757

Sultan1976

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G998U, Snapdragon), which turned out to be a US variant with no "OEM Unlocking" in Developer Options.

I need to root my device, for this I've searched and concluded that SM-G998U1 firmware might work for me.

My question is, can i flash 998U1 firmware to 998U, because basically both devices do have same specification but different platforms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos