Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases/Covers Thread

kirkhere

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Samsung Galaxy S4 Protective Cover + on my phone for 2 months and have been pretty happy with it. Here's a link on Amazon where you can see some photos and where you can get it for under $20.
Amazon.com: Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus Case for Galaxy S4 (Navy): Cell Phones & Accessories

I have the Navy color on a black phone and it looks very good. The fit and finish is so nice that it doesn't even really look like there is a case on the phone. The case wraps around the phone slightly so that the silver trim around the edge of the screen is completely covered, so no distracting shiny bits are showing. My only minor complaint in the looks department is that the lettering on the back is in a light blue color. In the main zoomable picture on Amazon it look more greyish, which I think would look better.

Fit, cutouts and button feel are perfect. I previously had a cheap TPU case where it was difficult to locate the buttons by feel, and when you did find them they had a mushy feel. As you can see in the photos, the buttons protrude slightly on this case, so they are very easy for your fingers to find, and they have a very nice feel too. Unlike many other cases, you can still feel a slight click when you press.

The case feels good in the hand. It is not bulky, and the curved back corners are comfortable. The sides of the case are made from a flexible material that is slightly grippy, but not as soft or grippy as TPU. It slides in/out of a pocket easily. The back of the case is a hard plastic with a nice matte finish (not glossy at all). The hard back does have a few downsides: If the phone is setting on its back on a desk or table, vibration alerts are very loud. I had to turn off the vibration alert for emails because it was annoying while the phone was sitting on my desk at work. Also, the lack of grip on the back means that the phone will slide around easily, for example if sitting on the seat of the car. Lastly, because it is hard, it can get scratched/scuffed. After 2 months of use I have some minor scuffs on the back, only visible if viewed in the right lighting/angle. The color has not scratched off though. None of these are a big deal to me, but I think I would have preferred for the back to be made of a softer material like the sides.

Protection is probably about as good as you can get while keeping the case slim. There is a decent lip around the screen but not so big that you feel it a lot during use. Unlike one of the customer photos on Amazon, I don't find the lip to be uncomfortable. It is only squared on the inside edge next to the screen. The outside edge where your hand holds the phone is nicely curved. The There is also a nice raised ring around the camera to protect the lens, and a small bump next to the speaker to keep it from getting muffled when the phone is on it's back on a flat surface.

Overall this is a very good case and I will be keeping it.

Weld guy

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the spigen ultra air thin, there $17.99 on sale, the top of it looks a little odd thou. Anyone else have this case, what are your thoughts on it?

Posted via Android Central App

llyamah

May 6, 2013
Visit site

mlacunza

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Auchh...too expensive, for the same price or little more you can buy an otterbox

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174