samsung galaxy s4 TALK to TEXT

Meesha Hallski

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, Heather Lutterman for opening my eyes!! After your comment about google, I went back to keyboards and selected google voice typing. Now I can drive safely with voice text, not taking 5minutes to text a message by fixing all my swype errors... Hallelujah! I was up until 2am messing with all my settings and so frustrated. All you said was "Google" and a light bulb went off! I have been racking my brain for days on this! I think I hear angels singing! Ahhhhhhh! :D

Audiocande

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, I read all of the above and still can't get the mic icon back on my texting keyboard. Anyone care to do a step-by-step....mine hasn't worked.
Settings - My Device - Language & Input - Text-to-Speech Options - at this point it doesn't matter if i select Samsung tts or Google tts....neither work. I thought it might have been my setting under the Google tts....it was set for using Wi-Fi only, but i turned that off and still have nothing. Any ideas? I also found Google Search, turned it off, then back on. No mic.

giagima

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Kelestia, you are the BEST! Two years later and I am having this issue now- my "talk-to-text" mic icon has disappeared!?! After reading through your directions, I checked if my Google Search app was turned off. IT WAS! ... Weird... But, after turning it back ON, I clicked into my text messaging app to see if the mic icon had returned and, IT DID! Lololol
Thank you soooo much! I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and it was driving me crazy because I depended on that option a lot!
:):D:D:D

agwife

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
My screen looked like that until two days ago and then the microphone dissappear and now is a big T and if you push it you can use your finger to write a msg. I want my microphone back bc I can't speak my text. Anyone know how to get the microphone back?

Sherri72

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I just remedied this same problem by going into SETTINGS, choosing APPLICATION MANAGER (in the MORE category) . This should be a familiar area where you Uninstall apps and move apps to your SD card. If you continue scrolling right, you'll see the category TURNED OFF. the item GOOGLE APPS needs to be enabled. If you scroll down to where it lists PERMISSIONS, you'll see the mic feature. If you don't have GOOGLE APPS on this list, then the longer solution would be to check the permissions of all the apps in the Turned Off list until you find the one that controls the mic feature. I hope it works for you.☺

Last edited:

dannywbarrios

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
My mic was missing also, but what was really missing was the Google Keyboard App. Go to the Playstore and download that app and install. You can then make that your default keyboard and choose your preferences on how it works. Now everything is lovely. This keyboard is much better than the standard Samsung version.

Sha Murray

Aug 6, 2018
Visit site
I was given a Sansung Galaxy s4 but whenever I put the battery in it, itll make a continuous high pitched noise, and I think it comes from the speaker. Anyone have any advice?