Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Obviously a bit premature to ask, but how do you think the Nexus 5 will match up to the S5? By the time the S5 is available, the N5 will be more than half a year old (which can almost be a lifetime when it comes to smartphones). Will the pure Android experience and the prompt updates from Google that you get with the N5 be more of an enticement than the up-to-the-minute hardware and all of the TouchWiz features of the S5?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Obviously a bit premature to ask, but how do you think the Nexus 5 will match up to the S5? By the time the S5 is available, the N5 will be more than half a year old (which can almost be a lifetime when it comes to smartphones). Will the pure Android experience and the prompt updates from Google that you get with the N5 be more of an enticement than the up-to-the-minute hardware and all of the TouchWiz features of the S5?

I'd personally go with N5. While I love my S4, I have had to avoid using the stock ROM and install a custom recovery and ROM to be able to enjoy the phone. While that was easy at the time I did it, they are showing that they want to stop it from happening completely on the carried versions and giving you the GPE option if you want stock Android.
GPE S5 > N5
N5 > Carrier S5

Posted via Android Central App

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The S5 will be better.

I actually like touchwiz. i try cyanogen mod on my s3, always find myself going back to a stock rom

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am inclined to agree with UJ95x. The Google edition will walk all over the N5, while the TouchWiz version (using the prior models as an example) will most likely be so bogged down by TW, that it may be the choking point of whatever hardware and chipset will be with it.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am inclined to agree with UJ95x. The Google edition will walk all over the N5, while the TouchWiz version (using the prior models as an example) will most likely be so bogged down by TW, that it may be the choking point of whatever hardware and chipset will be with it.

But don't forget the Google edition will cost over $600. Pretty sure this is about the standard carrier subsidized version. Even then I don't see the S5 being a big step up hardware wise because the new silicon from Qualcomm doesn't come out until later this year.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Although the s5 will have better internals, the decision should be made on how much you want to spend. Although better specs, the nexus will always be first to get new operating systems. Its just a matter of personal preference and what your budget allows.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys86