Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Finger print scan does not last

mmarino77

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Galaxy S7 Edge and I really want to use the finger print scan to unlock it but it doesn't last. If I create 1 or 2 new finger print scans with the same finger, it works great for about a day, maybe a day and a half. Then it stops working (i.e. it stops recognizing my finger print) and I have to enter my password to unlock the phone. I've probably scanned my finger 20 times now. My phone does have corporate email connected so there is some imposed security including required locking. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Is there a fix? Is it possible that my fingerprints keep changing because my hands might be oily or dirty?

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Galaxy S7 Edge and I really want to use the finger print scan to unlock it but it doesn't last. If I create 1 or 2 new finger print scans with the same finger, it works great for about a day, maybe a day and a half. Then it stops working (i.e. it stops recognizing my finger print) and I have to enter my password to unlock the phone. I've probably scanned my finger 20 times now. My phone does have corporate email connected so there is some imposed security including required locking. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Is there a fix? Is it possible that my fingerprints keep changing because my hands might be oily or dirty?

That seems strange to me but you. I never have had issue also have my corporate email incorporated. Maybe log out of that account and then tray logging back in?

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
When registering your finger prints, don't use the tips of your fingers. Try it with the center part, about 1/2 cm down from the top edge (nails).