Samsung Galaxy S8 plus battery draining too fast after the update

KRATOS 1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Did anyone else notice that after the new update [or maybe my phone's battery is bugged] Samsung S8's battery is draining like the speed of light?

I had 12% battery remaining a couple mintues ago, it went down to 9 % I was lazy to put on the charger, but just after 8% battery, it quickly started draining like the speed of light, like someone was counting from 10 to 1 to launch a rocket. It drained and went down to 6% before I was able to put it on the charger. While charging, it further went down to 0% from 6% in less than 5 seconds. This has happened 1 time before; I ignored it because I thought it was because of overheating issue.

It's Insane because this phone is just 1 year old and everything was working just fine 2 weeks ago. I tried to contact support team through Samsung Member but didn't get much help from them. They said to attempt the following steps:-

1. Reset settings
2. Restart in safe mode
3. Monitor apps and features

The point is I only use my phone for Whatsapp, Imgur, and Reddit and nothing more, and I have turned every feature off.

If anyone has encountered or has similar problem or has any Idea about it, kindly share here.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I had 12% battery remaining a couple minutes ago
There's your problem, you probably need a new battery. Keep lithium batteries between 40% and 95% for longest life. Dropping it to even 12% can kill it in months, but 6%? You might as well drive a stake through it.

Install GSam Battery Monitor and set the minimum to 40%. When the notification goes off, wither charge it (within no more than a minute) or turn it off.

Or buy stock in a lithium battery company.

(Sorry, that's just how lithium batteries work. They're not deep-discharge batteries.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, even 100% isn't high, but if the charging chip is off by a little bit, you can overcharge the battery and boil off some electrolyte, so 95% is safe and enough charge.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Did anyone else notice that after the new update [or maybe my phone's battery is bugged] Samsung S8's battery is draining like the speed of light?

I had 12% battery remaining a couple mintues ago, it went down to 9 % I was lazy to put on the charger, but just after 8% battery, it quickly started draining like the speed of light, like someone was counting from 10 to 1 to launch a rocket. It drained and went down to 6% before I was able to put it on the charger. While charging, it further went down to 0% from 6% in less than 5 seconds. This has happened 1 time before; I ignored it because I thought it was because of overheating issue.

It's Insane because this phone is just 1 year old and everything was working just fine 2 weeks ago. I tried to contact support team through Samsung Member but didn't get much help from them. They said to attempt the following steps:-

1. Reset settings
2. Restart in safe mode
3. Monitor apps and features

The point is I only use my phone for Whatsapp, Imgur, and Reddit and nothing more, and I have turned every feature off.

If anyone has encountered or has similar problem or has any Idea about it, kindly share here.
Time for new battery, life span is between 2 to 3 years . Just make sure you take to a qualified repair center to retain water resistant phone.

Rebekkah121

Jul 1, 2019
Visit site
Well, there could be various reasons behind your battery drain. Normally, battery drain shouldn’t be related to an Android OS update. This isn’t 2007. A newer update is meant to provide a better optimization of a phone’s hardware including its battery. Here are a few things you could try:

• Always clear your system cache, whether you are facing the issue of battery drain or not. When it accumulates, it can easily get corrupted, which eventually lead to glitches. Clearing caches partition would help you with reducing bugs. I have never done this on my phone, to be fairly honest. But, it’s a tried and tested method for those who experience battery drainage issues.

• Did you try a custom rom for the new update? That could be one reason for the battery issue. Try resetting your device to factory defaults.

• Always on Display (AOD) leads to fast battery drain. It is better that you turn it off.

• It’s possible that you downloaded some crappy app from the Play Store after the download that’s causing the battery issue. This, I believe, could be the most genuine reason as I have experienced it myself. Go to your phone settings and see if there’s an app that’s killing your phone’s battery anomalously.

• Galaxy S8 has two assistants – Google Assistant and Bixby. These apps are to help you, but as they are always waiting for your commands, they drain your battery and use cellular data. If you don’t use them much or at all, disable them. But I don’t think this would have any serious impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC