Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine at Costco for $279 ($20) off list, and they threw in a free leather pouch.

I also bought a XOOM last year. I thought it was great and didn't see how any other tablet could be any better, but when I picked up the Galaxy Tab 2 10.2 and heard the sound coming out of it, I was hooked. It is not only better then the XOOM, but better than I thought any tablet could be.

Jayderose

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving my Tab 2, also. The kiddos are definately jealous.
Now if I could just figure out how to tether it to my HTC EVO, I'd be dancing on air.

john144

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Beware of updates to this tablet coming out from Samsung. It disables Google universal search. It's the best feature, you'll never get to use because Apple claims they invented it, and wants it removed from Samsung devices. If you still have it, you can search for a phrase and it will look in your apps, your contacts, your music collection (whether local or in the cloud), and it will search the internet and bring it all together for you.

thejammy

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering what happend to me being able to search my contacts on my phone. I cannot get my contacts via the search feature.

Bah! Gotta love Apple and their attorneys. IMHO.

Tony240610

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering why the update was pushed out. Mine automaticaly updated, didnt reliase until I rebooted.
Not happy with the new keyboard & annoying sounds also.

Anyone have issues with Flash?:-\

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi tony
I received this update at the weekend and it seems to cause big problems with the default browser on my tab 2 10.1 and also my tab 2 7.0. Basically kinetic scrolling has become intermittent and when trying to access my bookmarks I am presented with a black screen which seems to hang for maybe a minute before presenting me with the bookmarks list.

The update notes specified that the update related to All Share Play but made no mention of changes to your keyboard or sound settings. I tried a full restore of my 10.2 tab but it made no difference.

I have spoken to my retailer where I purchased it from and they advised me to speak to Samsung support tomorrow to see what solution they provide. I won't hold my breath for a decent solution.

Tony240610

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Freddy. Please keep me updated on your response from Samsung. Also, I'm finding it hard to source a tech support address?
Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Android Central Forums

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi Tony
I spoke with Samsung Uk this morning but got nowhere fast. I went back to my retailer and they have had to send it to Samsung to try and fix the glitch. Will keep you posted on developments as they occur.

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh I forgot to add to my earlier post that Samsung stated a software update is on its way but they couldn't say what it is or when it will be released. Samsung support at its best lol

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my GT-P5100 with ICS 4.0.4 on the 9th of September. Fortunately for RSA users the tab has both WiFi and Sim slot and is not locked to the original carrier.

Xume

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Got a 7 and was thinking about upgrading to a 10 but them I saw the note. An answer to a man with fat fingers dream....