Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 won't turn on - stuck on battery charge screen. What can I do?

colorfulroy

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 won't turn on - stuck on battery charge screen

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 won't turn on.

At first the screen was just blank: it was plugged in to its factory charger and when I tried to run it on I noticed that the pixels were lit but the screen was black - meaning that there was a very faint light coming from the screen. None of the button-pushing I did managed to change this, so I researched the issue on online forums.

Mostly I saw recommendations to hold the power button in combination with one of the volume buttons - some suggested volume up and others volume down. I tried both of these combinations (held for several minutes!) to no avail. I also tried every other combination of held buttons (home/power/volume) including both volume buttons at the same time in combination with the power and home buttons! Eventually the screen started flashing on/off but black - i.e. there would be a faint light coming from the blank screen for about a second, then the screen would be completely off for one second, then back on, then off, etc - and this continued for over an hour while I did further research.

The next thing I tried was to remove the cover and unhook the battery cable. I left it unplugged for 5 minutes, then reconnected it, then held the power button. Now the tablet goes to the battery charge screen:
battery.jpg
...and quickly changes to read 100% charge, but won't power on past this point. Again I've tried all combination of button-pressing but nothing will take it beyond the battery-charge screen.

What else can I do???

colorfulroy

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 won't turn on - stuck on battery charge screen

...to expand/clarify: now, when I press the volume up button in combination with the power button, the tablet briefly powers off, then the screen briefly (for a second or two) shows this battery icon: grey battery icon.jpg
...then it shows the battery charging icon as previously mentioned. After 15 seconds or show it shows "100%" charged. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS BEYOND THIS POINT!

Please help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood