Samsung galaxy tab a8 keeps splitting the screen without asking!

anon125

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
How do stop this very annoying habit?
Without adding another app
Thanks all
I do not use the edge panel

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this only happen in certain apps (most notably Gmail, when you tap a link in an email, thus splitting the screen between Gmail and the browser)? That's standard now in Android 13 for tablets -- I don't believe there's a way to turn that off yet. Personally, I like that feature, and it's pretty straightforward to drag the dividing line over to make the browser fullscreen if you want. But I agree a setting would be nice -- send feedback to Google and/or Samsung about it.

anon125

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
The tab is new,so am just using its chrome app. For news etc when suddenly say the settings app will appear as it was open. This happens without touching the three lines which i think lists other apps open
Thanks

anon125

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
What is this nonsense?
I have used this forum for years!

Trophies awarded to anon125
  1. 1
    Today at 4:48 PM

First message​

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
Total points: 1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Can you show a screenshot of that behavior?

Not sure why the forum is awarding you that. If you haven't participated since the forum software platform was updated, maybe it's mistakenly thinking this is your first post. Or, at least, the first thread you've started, rather than the first reply you've ever made on an existing thread.

BTW, I moved this from the Tab S7 forum to the More Samsung Tablets forum, since we don't have a specific forum for the Tab A8.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try turning this feature off in settings>advanced features>labs >mti window for all apps
f3ca151a2a4a604bf88a02954e941e03.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

anon125

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, as it happens, everything is off. Still splits without asking
Have not found labs.
I tried volume and home to do a screenshot, but just got the assistant request

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can say "Hey Google, take a screenshot" instead.

Using the button combination can be tricky, because you have to make sure you're pressing both Power and Vol Down at the exact same time. If you press Power a fraction of a second early, the phone will think you're trying to long-press Power only, hence giving you Google Assistant.

anon125

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
It was already turned off and i posted this reply some time ago but do not see it now.
It also now takes ages to boot, think it is bust. Cant be full!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What use would a screenshot be? It would just show whatever app happened to be open.
Thanks
I asked for a screenshot so I can see the kind of behavior you're getting that I don't see. A visual representation of the problem can help jog the memory, in case it's something I (or anyone else here) has encountered before. It might also be helpful if I try to reproduce the same issue on my devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac