Samsung GS7edge - Verizon Users Thread

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, update complete and a few random apps looked like they had disappeared from my phone. The common theme was that there were installed on my SD card. Rebooted once and the greyed out android placeholders that were on my home screens changed to greyed out "actual" icons. Let it sit for a while more after still finding the apps in the Application Manager (but not the app drawer) and they eventually come back. Phew...that made me twitch a bit.

Same thing happened to me. I was relieved to see the icons slowly return. I guess the phone had to fully sync with the SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App

ugotkevin

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Also what are you guys doing to get better battery life? I let mine run stock without turning anything off and only get about 3.5 hrs screen on time, which is about the same as I was getting with the Turbo.

impster64

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I do not have the "galaxy Labs" option under advanced features (to turn off app drawer), I'm seeing some posts saying that some carriers have disabled it. Is this the case with Verizon? Is there an alternative way to turn off the app drawer?

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Growing tired of Verizon support...

I've been trying to access my retail installment device agreement for both of my new phones. Only one of them will pull up on the website. Calling, chatting, and going to a corporate store has not been very successful. No one can access my device agreements. I did one more chat and supposedly they have been printed and will be mailed to me. But I somehow doubt they will be correct.

I'm starting to understand why you all don't like Verizon support.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

I've been trying to access my retail installment device agreement for both of my new phones. Only one of them will pull up on the website. Calling, chatting, and going to a corporate store has not been very successful. No one can access my device agreements. I did one more chat and supposedly they have been printed and will be mailed to me. But I somehow doubt they will be correct.

Aren't they just grand ?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
How's everyone, who isn't using a screen protector, holding up?

I think I got a good one. In the last 24 hours I've had a Brittany spaniel puppy with sharp little claws walk across my desk and stand on my phone. Then I dropped it twice at the dog park because my hands were frozen. It also slipped between the seats of my pickup.

Hate to roll the dice, but I think I've got the luck of the Irish. No major scratches, and almost no tiny scratches I can see at all. Just smudges and I was giggling hysterically because I has puppy paw print smudges.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

sbr999

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Google Voice is the way to go. So much better.
You mean you're using Google Voice with your Verizon phone number or your google voice phone number? Everyone has my verizoin number. Is there a way I can use google voice so I don't have to dial my verizon voicemail everytime someone leaves me a message?

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I've never understood the VZW support bashing. I've been with them almost 7 years, 3 no contract, on an unlimited plan. They've always been the nicest folks ever. Most of the time I get a woman in NC or SC and they bend over backwards to make sure I'm satisfied. We usually talk about what a nightmare the in-store people are, haha.

shane starr

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
apparently this is a widespread issue. I also am missing one of mine, After spending an hour and a half on the phone I found out they are working on this problem and there are quite a few tickets on it.

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I will have a bad outcome 90 percent of the time the other 10 I have amazing work. It's the luck of the draw plus it might be a bad day for them. I do find the phone is way better than in store!! Those people are ridiculous

Rygots

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Aren't they just grand ?

The best ever!

If you think Verizon's support is bad give Sprint a try, you'll be back!

No thanks. Sprint coverage around here is extra terrible :)

apparently this is a widespread issue. I also am missing one of mine, After spending an hour and a half on the phone I found out they are working on this problem and there are quite a few tickets on it.

Good to hear it just isn't me, but doesn't make you feel any better.

I've never understood the VZW support bashing. I've been with them almost 7 years, 3 no contract, on an unlimited plan. They've always been the nicest folks ever. Most of the time I get a woman in NC or SC and they bend over backwards to make sure I'm satisfied. We usually talk about what a nightmare the in-store people are, haha.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice and are willing to talk to their supervisor. But it seems to stop there. They will talk to the appropriate department and then nothing. They say they will send me an email, but nothing is sent.

I used to be able to go into the store to see if they would fix it and if they couldn't they would call the corporate number. Not any more. They just tell you to call when you have time. Thanks for stopping in though!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How's everyone, who isn't using a screen protector, holding up?

I think I got a good one. In the last 24 hours I've had a Brittany spaniel puppy with sharp little claws walk across my desk and stand on my phone. Then I dropped it twice at the dog park because my hands were frozen. It also slipped between the seats of my pickup.

Hate to roll the dice, but I think I've got the luck of the Irish. No major scratches, and almost no tiny scratches I can see at all. Just smudges and I was giggling hysterically because I has puppy paw print smudges.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

I'm holding up fine with no screen protector. I keep my phone in its own pocket so it never has to worry about scratching against something.