samsung internet, suddenly all screen gestures have disappeared

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i was using samsung internet 8.2 (old version) and samsung internet beta (latest and the one before that)

i could use screen gestures during fullscreen videos such as volume, brightness, fastforward and backward functions.

but today, suddenly all those features r gone from both apps. i havent even updated those apps.

why did screen gestures disappear and how do i get those back? i cant live without those features.

there has to be a problem with the video player somehow.

phone: samsung a3 2017
android: 8.0.0

vistascape

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Should go settings >display>gestures
You probably put it to hide by accident

i dont have gestures settings in there :(

someone wrote this:

"I think it depends on what media player the actual website uses that you visit. Samsung browser as far as I know doesn't actual have it's own full screen gestures for videos played through the app itself. Rather the website you visit may have switched up the media player they use to play their content. I'm not sure but I noticed this before, if you visit different websites the video player can work in different ways."

so it seems that youtube.com has ruined it for me?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i dont have gestures settings in there :(

someone wrote this:

"I think it depends on what media player the actual website uses that you visit. Samsung browser as far as I know doesn't actual have it's own full screen gestures for videos played through the app itself. Rather the website you visit may have switched up the media player they use to play their content. I'm not sure but I noticed this before, if you visit different websites the video player can work in different ways."

so it seems that youtube.com has ruined it for me?
Hi,welcome!
Do you use a 3rd party launcher like Nova?
Also how do you navigate your phone , from home screen to app drawer?