Samsung mail ap cannot sync Microsoft Active Exchange Sync

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all, new here and since Microsoft Outlook mail claims it's a Samsung issue and Samsung never answers, I hope someone here knows what to do.
I use Outlook mail, and I had it always installed on my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 mail app. It automatically synced my contacts and calendar also on the Samsung stock apps. Very convenient.

Now, however, it stopped working. I tried reinstalling it, but it constantly gives the message that it cannot connect to the server. I CAN set it up as IMAP, but that's obviously not what I want as it won't sync contacts and calendar.

After Microsoft claimed it was a Samsung problem I tried to set up the Outlook account via active exchange sync in the (terrible) Gmail app. Same result: cannot connect to the server.

I have used various configuration settings, incl. manual set up (eas.outlook.com, m.hotmail.com, etc.) and obviously the password is correct.

The Outlook app I now had to install does not sync calendars and contacts, by Outlooks own admission (seriously....?) so that's no option.

I want to simply connect my Samsung stick apps again to active exchange sync as it has always done. And Microsoft says its not them...
Anyone has any suggestion?

thanks!

Bart