Samsung Moment

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone getting this over the Hero?

I like the Hero but the Moment's 800MHz processor and the keyboard are really drawing me in.

militaryman

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I have seen very little info. on the device's performance and am waiting for some hands on testing/reviews.... The info. from CTIA convention was just surface info. and not very in depth... the question for me is ... Does the 800 mhz chip make a significant difference in the users experience vs the HERO. Also is the battery life significantly better or worse than the HERO

thomas716

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried the Hero for a couple of days and then took it back. I didn't like not having a keyboard. After trying Android I love it. I'm going to hold out and get the Moment. I prefer the physical keyboard.

prot0type

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Same boat here. I'm currently using a Hero, I like it but I don't love it, not yet anyway. I'm coming from using a Centro, Curve, and a Bold so a physical keyboard is what I prefer. Trackpad as opposed to a trackball is also one less part i need to worry about replacing, least i hope it is.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Got to fondle...err handle a Moment for a bit today. My take -
Beautiful screen, with a great viewing angle. Gotta hand it to Samsung.
Keys are spaced and shaped nicely, but I don't care for their "sponginess".
Apps launch no faster than Hero, but there was no lag jumping between running apps. There was a noticeable difference in the processing power IMO.
100% stock android, no interconnectivity between contacts and other apps (FB, etc.)
Running same CDMA hacked 1.5 as Hero, so will have to wait for someone to crack the bootloader or 1.6 OTA to root it.
Software keyboard is about half as good as Hero's, but for any serious typing the KB is conveniently placed, and as I said seems solid.
No slot for SD card, must be under battery cover.

This may or may not be the final HW or SW, the fellow who has it wasn't sure. He had it to demo to potential customers, and has had it for about a week and not sure if it's a final production model or not. This phone did NOT have the strange patterning on the top I have heard about, so might not be final HW.

My first impression - it's ugly as hell. I don't really care how my phone looks, but this phone looked so plain that it stood out. Is it ugly enough to keep me from wanting it? Hell no lol. OTOH it's a case modders/HW modders dream...big blank flat canvas to work with, and an OH-MY-GAWD screen on the flip side.

If you want or need the KB, and can live without SenseUI (at least until xda gets cracking :) ) I would say go for it. The speed and screen will make you love it.

OTOH, if you don't care about the KB or like the OS integration with contacts and apps, HTC Flash player, multi-touch, etc. go with the Hero.

I know I'm getting one, but only because I can use it as a write off. I'm too deep in love with SenseUI :)

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the battery? I want a phone that has a better battery then the Hero. I went back to the hero today, but if the Moment seems to have a better battery then I would go to that in a heart beat.