Samsung note 4 S-view Flip covers issues

Eric Nivar

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got my new note 4 with the S-view flip cover and the S-view doesn't seem to work at all.. i've tried restarting the device.. taking the case off putting back on and nothing anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited:

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Take the back off and see if the metal prongs are lined up correctly. It's on the cover not the phone. Sometimes they come off or shift. Also try checking in the settings where the accessories part is.

Posted via the Android Central App

Eric Nivar

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Everything seems fine on the metal prongs they are lined up and are not shifted, I also checked accessories and I don't even see the S-view cases setting on it.. I'm going back from where I got it and try to exchange and see what happens from there. Thx

eltico40

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
restart your phone and close the s-view cover. once it's done then it will recognize the cover. It did not work this morning and i could not figure it out so i just decided to restart the phone and it worked.

jamesm79

May 27, 2013
Visit site
When I first bought the Note 4, I wanted to protect my investment so I bought the S-View Flip Cover. After 1 day of usage, I totally hated it and decided to sell it online. Never again... Opening and closing the flip cover every single time I wanted to use the phone drove me nuts. Also, using the camera with the flip cover folded back was really annoying.

fuzzman99

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Ever since upgrading to Lollipop 5.1.1 I have found that my Note 4 Edge's screen will not turn off when I close the cover or turn on when I open the cover. I have tried booting in to recovery mode and clearing the cache but no luck. I have also tried restarting and closing the cover but after restarting I open the cover but the screen thinks the cover is still closed and only allows selections via the edge screen.

Is this a known bug with the new update? Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks.

JessonL13

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue since the update. The S-view cover worked fine before the update. Now it stays on so much of the time I can't keep my phone charged. I am so totally frustrated. I am ready to change phones and go with my son's recommendation if I can't get this figured out soon.

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello
2016 calling. I had the same problem, and this solution saved me from all sorts of grief. I removed the back cover and attached again. The S-View flip cover now works fine.

KJ Sunil

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I also had the same Problem after installing the new update.
it is the problem of micro chip inside the cover.
I removed the micro chip of the old cover (original S view Cover) and fix it for the new s view cover purchased from e-bay.
and now it is working for me.

Jeremyc77

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the S View wireless charging case since late May 2016. It worked fine till this past month or so. The Note 4 has started to not wake up the display, or at least not right away, when pushing the buttons. The display also lagged sometimes between normal and S View. I tried to facory reset, but that didn't really help. I just got the H-ber wireless charging battery cover and put my old case back on, trying to see if that helps. It eliminates the S View symptoms, but I think the issue is still there...

Payam Pourgholi

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
hey guys.
I bought flip cover for my note 4. and it was working great. but after my charge finished and phone turned off when I connected charger and turned on the phone my cover didn't work. Ive turned on and off the phone and cover but again nothing happened.
whats your idea?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae