Samsung Pay on Verizon

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Woo-hoo!!! Got my Citibank and Amex cards added with no problem. All activated immediately. Don't really have a store to go visit right now, but I'm tempted to hop in the car and find one.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
That totally sucks. I was fascinated to see that this update did NOT require Verizon to push another OTA update, despite all the info we've heard.

After I downloaded the new version, I got a message that it was completely erasing the app I downloaded the other day. The new version 0.1.04 has a long list of permissions that I don't recall seeing with the previous version.

Adding cards was as simple as the Samsung videos would suggest -- take a picture of the card, enter the code, enter your address, get a verification code, and enter it. Both the Citibank cards and the Amex verified almost instantly.

I may have to run out and try it now...

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That totally sucks. I was fascinated to see that this update did NOT require Verizon to push another OTA update, despite all the info we've heard.

After I downloaded the new version, I got a message that it was completely erasing the app I downloaded the other day. The new version 0.1.04 has a long list of permissions that I don't recall seeing with the previous version.

Adding cards was as simple as the Samsung videos would suggest -- take a picture of the card, enter the code, enter your address, get a verification code, and enter it. Both the Citibank cards and the Amex verified almost instantly.

I'll be checking all day at the office tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

This got me out of a sleep to check my phone for the update to Samsung Pay and walla it was was there. I updated just the app, it had a whole slew of new permissions, which I quickly accepted, :p. I added in my US Bank debit, and credit, my BOA credit, and my AMEX business credit. All worked wonderfully. US Bank requires a phone call to the bank for them to verify information, at least it did for me. BOA and AMEX either sent a text or email with my verification code. All cards are now loaded into the system and I'm ready to pay. It's late here so will definitely be trying in the morning. Maybe for a cup of joe? :) haha A big thanks KALNEL for up providing the updated information.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, here's how big a nerd I am: I was ready for bed when I updated the app, but I got up, got dressed, and ran to the store to try it. :) Worked just fine with my Citi Mastercard. The first time I held it up to the terminal (a non-NFC terminal), I got an error code, so I tried again. By the time I held it up again, the cashier was holding a receipt in front of my face. Apparently, it worked despite the error code and went through without my realizing it.

Although Samsung says the transactions will show on the device "in real time," I don't see any record of it on my device. My paper receipt shows that it went through on the "dummy" number Samsung assigned, rather than my actual card number. (Which is what it should do.) Citibank's site shows the transaction as pending.

So, transaction number one worked!

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
The invalid card message is because the phone keeps sending magnetic signal even after the successful swipe if to you keep holding the phone in place.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
That would explain it. I didn't get any signal that the transaction had gone through (no beep, vibration, or check mark on the screen), so I just kept holding it there.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
At this rate I'm going to overdraft my accounts while fishing for entertaining reactions.

Yesterday I finally had a failure, only to realize when I reluctantly got my wallet out that the cashier never hit the button for a card in the first place. 4/5 times I've gotten some type of comment, and around 2/5 times a comment about Apple Pay.

Got a haircut yesterday and the little shop had a card machine that looked like something from the Flintstones and it took the swipe before I even touched it. It's been a fun experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Still not seeing the S-Pay app in the Play Store. I'll keep checking throughout the day today and hopefully start making some progress.

Last edited:

cawhitmarlton

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Still getting an error when following all of the links posted to the play store.

I don't understand why some people can see the app and some cannot...doesn't make any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919