Samsung pay thread part II

sbhnet

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Before I noticed I had a terrible time getting the Walmart terminals to take Samsung pay, but I had either the Note 5 or 7 at the time. This works great everywhere.
I've yet to get it to work at Walmart. Works great everywhere else!

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried wal mart yesterday too, it said error or card not valid , or something to this effect. I was about to get my card out to use but the receipt text popped up on my phone saying it worked and the lady at the counter said it worked as my store receipt printed out.

All i did was hold the phone on the swipe part until time ran out and it said it didnt work, although it seemed to process it

Doug Fitton

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried wal mart yesterday too, it said error or card not valid , or something to this effect. I was about to get my card out to use but the receipt text popped up on my phone saying it worked and the lady at the counter said it worked as my store receipt printed out.

All i did was hold the phone on the swipe part until time ran out and it said it didnt work, although it seemed to process it

At Walmart you have to hold the phone at the middle to top area. I get it to work about 95℅ of the time

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I found out what the issue is. Apparently, USAA has a somewhat convoluted policy with registering your cards on a new device. I have replaced my V10 with a S7 Edge and that means that I have to wait 30 days before I can use my cards through Samsung Pay.

deanzel

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an unlocked US S7 Edge and I can't get past the verification screen.

I've got the same error as well on two of my families S7 Edges (both Black). We had four Note 7's previously and used this feature all the time (plus we'll get an extra $10 for using it on a new device) but I can't get past the verification page. The other two S7E's were Golds and worked just fine. It's pretty frustrating as nothing that I've tried works...

https://www.reddit.com/r/S7Edge/comments/5bl4s9/samsung_pay_not_working/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comments/5bge99/samsung_pay_wont_verify/

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
The new updates forces everyone to use the card as credit. Can't use it as debit anymore. I used to use Samsung as debit at Walmart and at Stop and Shop. Ever since the new update I can't use my card as debit anymore. But it works as credit. Its the same with other stores I tried as well. Samsung better fix the issue.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The new updates forces everyone to use the card as credit. Can't use it as debit anymore. I used to use Samsung as debit at Walmart and at Stop and Shop. Ever since the new update I can't use my card as debit anymore. But it works as credit. Its the same with other stores I tried as well. Samsung better fix the issue.
Hmm I am pretty sure I used mine as debit last night. I'll try to remember to pay attention to the method per Samsung transaction

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah ever since the latest update. It won't go through unless it's credit. It keeps getting a error at the registers. This is very annoying as I like to pay using it as debit. I know there isn't a difference between the two. I just trust debit more.

billbryan516

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to turn in my Note 7 and picked up a 7 edge yesterday. I tried to use Samsung Pay but can't get it to work. The app opens, it tells me to use my fingerprint...and...nothing. I tried to follow the email instrustions and swipe up from the home button and....again, nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? It worked fine on my Note 7. Is there a different system on the edge? I tried uninstalling it a few times and re-installing and still, nada.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For mine it's pretty glitch free unless you're on a really old style card terminal perhaps. Some terminals beep, some do not. But the cashier must have it ready for payment-some need to make it set to a screen awaiting payment or you let them know paying via credit card and they tell you when to try it. I know with a physical card if I'd slide that too early it wouldn't work. With my S7Edge I'll typically wait until they say go ahead and pay. Then I'll fingerprint and hold it close to wear a card slides until either a beep sounds or I see something on my phone. I have a transaction alert with my bank app that usually pops up as soon as my card is charged

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I did find out that the NFC was turned on. I had this setting turned off because it would conflict when using Samsung Pay. But even when I had it turned off it would still force me to use credit.

S P1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. Used Smart Switch to copy over files and settings from Note 4 to the S7e and the fingerprint verification did not work. I did a factory reset and set up Samsung Pay first, before installing any other apps. I was then able to set up Samsung Pay using fingerprint verification.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
We ate at Ruby Tuesdays. My wallet was in the car and I didn't want to go out in the cold. We were seated by the register so I used my phone and it worked😃. Their terminal had the typical long cord reader slide.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I just used it at Barnes and Noble and debit worked. Weird.

Also find it hilarious how the girl behind the register at the cafe was like "um, what are you doing? That won't work" and as soon as she said it, the transaction went through. She was pretty astounded, said she never saw that before, and then said they don't take Apple Pay so she was surprised it worked. I grinned and said this was Samsung Pay, which was better than Apple Pay. "As long as it works" was her reply. Darn tootin. :)