Samsung rugged protective case

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone here bought and used this case and what are your thoughts. Like it or hate it. Imo it looks great. But how does it feel. Is it bulky.im thinking of buying the black

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20180908-115120_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180908-115120_Google.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 79
  • SmartSelect_20180908-115058_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180908-115058_Google.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 82

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Has anyone here bought and used this case and what are your thoughts. Like it or hate it. Imo it looks great. But how does it feel. Is it bulky.im thinking of buying the black

You do know there's a dedicated Cases and Accessories section, right? And yes there's already multiple reviews on that case there.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this case. I really enjoy it. it does add a little bulk to the phone but with my job it's necessary. It's nice have the kickstand too too watch videos

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I love it, it's definitely fitting the bulky protective stereotype but it has a great grip and demands confidence in it's protection ability

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I have the "black" one. Its definitely more gray. It is my go to case. I have one for my s9 too. I dropped mine onto pavement twice in one day and the phone is still perfect. The case has some damage but that's expected. You can't go wrong with this one or any by UAG. Those are awesome too.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I love it, phone looks amazing with the silver Rugged case, I wasn't sure at first when I saw it online but now it's on it really does look nice.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered this case for my husband's S9+ (which is only $17 instead of $40 for the N9). Got it in silver. Very stylish. Hoping the top and bottom offer some buffer for the screen.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered this case for my husband's S9+ (which is only $17 instead of $40 for the N9). Got it in silver. Very stylish. Hoping the top and bottom offer some buffer for the screen.

Yeah my wife has the silver one on her S9 and that's one reason I got it for the Note. There is more 'raisivity' on this case than her S9 which does protrude nicely for screen protection.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I like how it has a kickstand integrated into it. The case itself is medium size in terms of bulk. It's little on the thicker side but understanding but that's because it's meant to be a rugged case and at the same time not too bulky like many other rugged case. Overall I think it's a great case to have as one of the options, I do use it a lot during mornings having coffee and catching up with some YouTube tech videos or some sports videos.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have always used spigen. Got this case 2 days ago most attractive and solid feeling case. Highly recommend

Spigen is my "go to" case too and for good reason...a fall from a car hood going 55 mph. Not a scratch on it! I got this one for my husband's "going out phone case". He needs a more heavy duty case for work.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The rugged case I mention above 'seems' to interfere with Samsung wireless charging pad.
I also am hitting 10% per hour when actively using and screen on plus AOD with notifications, edge panel, s-pen - which is why I'm digging the settings.

If _anyone_ knows where and how to see battery status of stylus - I really need that - keep hitting 10-20% and needing to reinsert to charge. Plus, no indication when it is back to 90%+. An LED status would be nice?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the case. Not a bad case. I wish it was a bit more bulky, especially on the sides where it's needed most for protection.

I still prefer the Defender case though. Defender makes the phone easier to use and more grippy and seems more evenly balanced. The rugged case just doesn't feel as balanced in my hand.

I wanna try that Armadillo Tech case sometime. I had one for the Note 5 when it was called Artech21 and it was a nice case for the money. The Note 8 one also has a built in kickstand as well.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I cashed in 10K Samsung pay reward points for the black rugged case. Seems like a good case from the reviews, just waiting cause it's on backorder now.