Samsung S10 black screen and auto rebooting

wjca

Nov 29, 2022
Visit site
My Samsung S10 cannot get to the home screen with app icons. It can ask me for the phone password, then I type in PW, and then shows "phone is starting", then freezes with black screen for few mins, then auto rebooting. Because I want to save the photos and contacts from that phone, so I do not want to do factory reset (although I can do it myself). I tried the safe mode, same issue.

When I connected it with PC via USB cable, the PC could find my phone for several seconds when the phone was starting in safe mode. Then the phone freezed, rebooted; the connection with PC was lost.

I also bought an android fix software "Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android Pro" ($19.95). But looks it is a fraud software, could help nothing. I also bought software "DroidKit" ($39.99) to fix my S10; but could not help anything. I called Samsung care, and chatted with them a lot, no help. I went to the local Samsung authorized store UbreakIfix; they only do physical repair.

I also entered recovery mode, and wiped cache, no help.

I did a lot of tries. Same issue. Looks like the OS has problem. I make an appointment with local Samsung service store. But I guess they will ask me to do factory reset as well. The data repair/extraction (lab level, chip access) by the professional company will may cost $700-4000.

Is there a magic button combination or an unusual method/software can help to access my S10 phone in basic mode, without factory reset?

Update: sim card was removed, no SD card, after the phone had problem.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So far I tried firmwares of TMB, VZW, SPR, USC. None of them had impact on my phone. I really doubt that Odin flashed my phone.
Once it says pass in Odin you have successfully flashed your device , as you can see your able to flash different CSC which are universal, now your sim dictates what splash screen get installed. If it didn't help then your going need a repair shop as something more serious is wrong like motherboard etc..

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using AC Forums mobile app

wjca

Nov 29, 2022
Visit site
No sim card or SD card in this phone. It was moved when this phone had problem 10 days ago. Suppose the staring screen should show difference after firmware flashed. But nothing changed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87