Samsung S5 Lollipop Update... NOT A FAN!

DoggyB22

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
So I updated my S5 last night to the Lollipop & so far I'm not a fan! The colors & it being "brighter" is alright (not the orange though) but there's so many annoying problems with it, its driving me nuts!

Anyone know any fixes or should I contact Samsung myself & complain hoping they go back to the drawing board? Because this is ridiculous! If not can I switch back to the previous version?

My issues with the update:
- When I have Pandora playing & my screen is locked with a password in order to change a song or pause/play I have to unlock my phone vs on the previous version I was able to on the lock screen?
- When turning up/down my volume on the side button & clicking on the settings button only "ringtone & media" comes up... Um where the hell is notifications?!?!
- Having more problems with my WiFi now for some reason?

These are just a few I've noticed since I've updated my phone to Lollipop. Still discovering flaws. Anyone else notice anything?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So I updated my S5 last night to the Lollipop & so far I'm not a fan! The colors & it being "brighter" is alright (not the orange though) but there's so many annoying problems with it, its driving me nuts!

Anyone know any fixes or should I contact Samsung myself & complain hoping they go back to the drawing board? Because this is ridiculous! If not can I switch back to the previous version?

My issues with the update:
- When I have Pandora playing & my screen is locked with a password in order to change a song or pause/play I have to unlock my phone vs on the previous version I was able to on the lock screen?
- When turning up/down my volume on the side button & clicking on the settings button only "ringtone & media" comes up... Um where the hell is notifications?!?!
- Having more problems with my WiFi now for some reason?

These are just a few I've noticed since I've updated my phone to Lollipop. Still discovering flaws. Anyone else notice anything?

Hello and welcome to Android Central DoggyB22

There are currently, 40 different Samsung Galaxy S5 models and over 200 different Lollipop firmwares have been released for them. See, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Some are already on their 4th Lollipop update, see, 4th Lollipop update in 3 months!

Therefore, it would be helpful to know which model of Galaxy S5 you have and which Lollipop version you are running.