Question Screen Turning On

TheOzarks

Apr 23, 2024
Visit site
I recently began using a bluetooth media controller with my S24, but every time I hit any button on it, it will wake up the screen.
Volume up/down, next/previous track or pause will do it, but if I use the controls on the bluetooth speaker itself to control the music
then the screen does not come on.
There is no app required for this media controller, just connect to bluetooth and it works.
So far I can not find a setting to keep the screen from coming on every time I hit a button on the controller?
Thanks for any suggestions.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. I've never heard of a media controller for an Android device. Seems like a lot of extra steps to me but to each their own. Just a few questions before jumping into this.

What is this device? Just asking so that we can search the internet for information on the device.

What options do you have at your BT information screen about this device? If it worked through an app I might recommend disabling notifications for the app and perhaps that would stop the screen from waking having nothing to display but since you say "no app required" this isn't an option but there may be options in the BT settings themselves for this device.

Honestly I'm going to just guess and say that I do not believe there is a solution to this issue. I believe anything that isn't a speaker, ear buds, or other audio playing device that affects the device is going to have the intended or unintended action of waking the screen. May I ask why is this an issue for you? I assume the screen remains locked, so not a security risk and S24 is known for having good battery life so not a battery saving step? Have you tried with AOD on? If it is an issue of being bright, perhaps if you were using AOD the screen wouldn't light up any more than the dim state of AOD? Aside from that I'm not able to think of any other advice. I'll think about until you reply, maybe something will come to me, at least something you might be able to try. Be sure to tell us about the device in your reply.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH