Samsung S6 Edge or Note 4?

A

AC Question

I currently own a Samsung S6 Edge, and I was looking into purchasing a Note 4. I want to purchase the Note 4 because of the removable battery, expandable storage, bigger display, the S Pen, and its ability to upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow. I wanted to get the Note 5, but its missing a lot of what makes the Note 4 great, plus the increased price. Is it reasonable to downgrade from an S6 Edge to the Note 4? Thank You!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a Samsung user and Samsung users will probably have definite ideas about this. I'd say that it's reasonable to do it if you prefer the Note 4 to the S6e.
Now, I'll just find some Samsung users who will tell me I'm wrong. It wont take long.

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm not a Samsung user and Samsung users will probably have definite ideas about this. I'd say that it's reasonable to do it if you prefer the Note 4 to the S6e.
Now, I'll just find some Samsung users who will tell me I'm wrong. It wont take long.
Actually,you are right,belodion!
As for the question,if you already bought the s6 there's no reason to buy the note 4 as well,and i think the s6 edge is way better. Just an opinion.
Sent from Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The phones were released almost exactly 6 months apart and so there's not a lot of "tech" difference between them that's going to be noticeable over a long period. If you like the s-pen, larger display, etc. there's not a lot to lose by "downgrading", especially with how terrible the S6 battery life is compared to the Note 4, Note 5 and S7 devices. The other most obvious answer is to get the Note 7, which should be announced in two weeks and is for obvious reasons better than all the other devices on this post.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I'm with my boy Aquila here.... the S6 and S6 Edge had a massive fatal flaw: the battery was brutally undersized. If someone handed me both phones and asked me to keep one, I would go with the Note 4 every time.

SmashBruh

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I know this is an anon question, but it was actually me who wrote it because i did not sign in. Thank you all for answering, this helped me a lot!!:D

SmashBruh

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I've decided to wait for the Note 7 announcement that's around the corner just to see what it has to offer. At this point I'm leaning towards getting the Note 4, but who knows the Note 7 can really surprise me !

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am not a Samsung owner, but I do prefer the S6 Edge... But it sounds as if you have done your research/know what you are looking for in a phone; and that you are leaning towards the Note 4. :) If you want it, you should go for it! :)