samsung s7 == charging has stopped

ruggb

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife's phone was wirelessly charging and made a sound then showed a message that said "charging has stopped". There may have been more to the message, but she ignored it. When she picked it up she commented that it was hot.
What might this mean?

ruggb

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
If the coil went bad wouldn't it just not charge?
But it gave me a message that it stopped charging at around 70%.
If it overheats will it do that?
The battery test programs indicate the battery is in good health - If you can believe them.

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The battery test programs indicate the battery is in good health - If you can believe them.

It will stop charging if it gets too hot, I don't use it any more but my S7 years ago would stop charging while in the car if left on my passenger seat because it got too hot.

My current Note 20 Ultra does the same, it stopped charging a couple weeks ago when outside in the sun connected to a solar panel.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Your the OP ?
I have to change u to the post owner

The s7 being that old yeah I can suspect something llike wireless charging coils bad

You saying it still charges wirelessly after that?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it still charges wirelessly. It just seems like it gets hotter than it used to. Definitely hotter than my S10+.

I changed you to post owner , i do recall when i had the s7 edge it did get hot wireless or wired and just simple task so thats the nature of that device

ruggb

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, considering that doesn't seem normal, but the battery apps think the battery is healthy, is it time for a battery replacement? Or should I consider it normal and just go on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen on any wireless charger, or only certain ones? I don't know much about how wireless chargers regulate heat generation, but I do recall having a Tylt charger that would tend to make the phone a lot warmer than other ones I had. So maybe it has to do with the wireless charger she was using?