Samsung S7 randomly restarting

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

I have had my S7 since initial release day and I absolutely love it, I think it's a great phone, aside from one major factor.

Although, minor in a sense that it doesn't happen often, but since owning the phone the phone has randomly restarted on me around 4 times. I have gone through the settings and found a "automatic restart" feature, which is currently set to off.

This may not be a problem for some, however, paying over £1000 for a phone over a 2 year contract, this shouldn't be happening.

Has anyone else experienced this and what have you done in order to rectify this issue? Should I just no risk it and exchange for a new one at carphone warehouse?

Thanks in advance.

Saksham Agarwal2

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi i have had this issue and in the beginning it was minimal like in your case but with time the frequency of such incidents increase dramatically as in my case. I had taken it to samsung and they have given me a replacement. The new phone is perfectly fine and i think it is an software issue as most of the people with the same problem have tried factory resetting with no effect.

Welcome :)

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I remember this used to happen to my Galaxy S2 and 4 a lot. It helped when I set a screen lock. I think some firmware have the screen very sensitive so even in your pocket it gets turned on and stuff happens when walking.

The S7 tho has an option in Display settings to keep screen turned off. I have it set on mine and I haven't experienced that issue.