Samsung S8 battery test articles/videos

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Website link broken but another site referencing the article. One detail I missed earlier... Exynos processor which was said to be more efficient and better on battery than the snap dragon in the S6 models. Wonder if that's the still the case with the S8. Wonder if Samsung had them pull the article cause almost all videos/articles out so far have avoided battery numbers.

RANKED: Battery life for Samsung Galaxy S8+ and iPhone 7 - Business Insider

Quite a coincidence that it lasts exactly 8 hours. For 7:59 hours it would only have got the battery rating "good".

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Fortunately, I can't remember the last time I tried or had to run my phone battery dry. I'm usually topping it off throughout the day. So, for me, not real concerned about it. I've been used to Note phones over the years. I hope I'm not in for a rude awakening.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
For those who are getting the S8 vs the S8+ here's a bit of good news. This guys says he's been getting about 5 hrs SOT. I was hoping for at least 3 1/2. He mentions this at the 2 minute mark. Hope we get the same results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okhInMN3Z8

I think anything over the 4 hour mark would be OK and acceptable to me. Anything over the 5 hour mark would be awesome. 😃 but anything below 4 isn't that great when we talking about a $800 device.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Must not be a heavy user.

In a follow-up video (specifically about battery life) the guy says he had wifi on most of the time, had the brightness on max, took videos/photos, watched you tube videos, and played games. I 'll have to see for myself when mine comes in.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
In a follow-up video (specifically about battery life) the guy says he had wifi on most of the time, had the brightness on max, took videos/photos, watched you tube videos, and played games. I 'll have to see for myself when mine comes in.

I never get those screen times. I usually have so many apps downloaded and I use my phone constantly. I just charge my phone every chance I get.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I never get those screen times. I usually have so many apps downloaded and I use my phone constantly. I just charge my phone every chance I get.

Same here that's why I take it with a grain of salt until I put it through the paces myself. It does give me hope though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish