Samsung Smart Watches With Pixel 2XL

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just wondering how compatible the two are? I've never used a smart watch that hasn't run Android Wear. Is anybody using a frontier or something with the pixel? How's your experience?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Had to buy an android smartwatch after my iPhone bricked last week. I went with the Huawei Watch 2 instead of Samsung gear as I read some threads on various forums about them not being entirely compatible. I am pleased with my choice.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I came from a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with a Samsung Gear S3 frontier and now have the pixel 2.

I personally haven't had any issues. I have some minor ones with my car with my phone and watch. my car won't connect with my phone if my S3 is connected to my phone.

otherwise, I use Samsung health to monitor my steps, and I keep it stock. the only thing you won't be able to use is S voice. as the pixel uses Google assistant and Samsung doesn't support the assistant.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the Samsung Gear S3 and you will have issues you will have to turn off the phone to connect to the watch for calls otherwise your calls you'll have no voice , this is a known issue with the pixel 2 if you search there's a couple threads open on it my watch had connected to multiple phones since with no issues

A knowing Bluetooth issue with the pixel 2 with no resolve

also if your watch is connected to Bluetooth and your car tries to connect you'll have issues there you can't pair with both at the same time

And if you run the Beta Android P going to have issues with Samsung pay not working or deleting charts

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have the Samsung Gear S3 and you will have issues you will have to turn off the phone to connect to the watch for calls otherwise your calls you'll have no voice , this is a known issue with the pixel 2 if you search there's a couple threads open on it my watch had connected to multiple phones since with no issues

also if your watch is connected to Bluetooth and your car tries to connect you'll have issues there you can't pair with both at the same time

And if you run the Beta Android P going to have issues with Samsung pay not working or deleting charts

Too bad! The current wear OS watches are not my cup of tea! I had an LG Watch Style and it was horrible. Useless to be honest.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I believe that issue has been corrected because I can answer calls on phone or watch without issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And which smartphone do you use it with?

He uses a OnePlus at the moment. He likes to comment a ton about the Pixel issues yet .. not everyone has them. I personally use BT every single day at work + in my truck without issue.

As for your question.. It may work well when the new watch comes out. Depends what it runs. I know Google is supposed to be planning a watch with the Pixel 3 launch.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
He uses a OnePlus at the moment. He likes to comment a ton about the Pixel issues yet .. not everyone has them. I personally use BT every single day at work + in my truck without issue.

As for your question.. It may work well when the new watch comes out. Depends what it runs. I know Google is supposed to be planning a watch with the Pixel 3 launch.
Correct and let me say the Pixel is a outstanding phone on the leading edge of technology , warranty and customer service is the best in the business, Google really reached out with the pixel 2.
Unfortunately I had bad experiences with Bluetooth , not everyone does but for the price it shouldn't happen, every phone I've had since connected to every device without issues, I just don't understand why Google can't manage that.

Oxygen OS is a wonderful experience

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Correct and let me say the Pixel is a outstanding phone on the leading edge of technology , warranty and customer service is the best in the business, Google really reached out with the pixel 2.
Unfortunately I had bad experiences with Bluetooth , not everyone does but for the price it shouldn't happen, every phone I've had since connected to every device without issues, I just don't understand why Google can't manage that.

Oxygen OS is a wonderful experience

And sharing your experience is fine -- that is why the forums are here :). The issue I was pointing out is you come into these threads as if it is a 100% full on bug that all phones are experiencing just because you did -- when that just isn't the case.

To be honest if I had the issues you had I would have had to get another phone because I use BT for all my media + phone calls in my truck. I use it all day long at work and I talk a lot on the phone while driving and I simply don't have the issues you had. It stays connected and I am able to talk / consume media.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf