Samsung Software updates

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I received another software update today (S9 At&t) which has the September security patch. I got one last month with July's patch - I usually never get the security update the month its released. Is this a new trend? Has Samsung and At&t(which has seemed to be slower than other carriers) decided to take this issue more seriously? Or has it always been this way & I'm just delusional...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The September security patch was issued to users around September 5th. It was issued by Google to Samsung about a month earlier - giving both Samsung and carriers the ability to release it when Google released it. Evidently Samsung and AT&T have decided to work a little faster on this one. Will that continue? Or will your next update be in December? "Only the shadow knows", as the show used to say.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
The September security patch was issued to users around September 5th. It was issued by Google to Samsung about a month earlier - giving both Samsung and carriers the ability to release it when Google released it. Evidently Samsung and AT&T have decided to work a little faster on this one. Will that continue? Or will your next update be in December? "Only the shadow knows", as the show used to say.

Thx, It's good they got it out quicker and I hope it continues - even for a phone that some consider at half its lifespan lol
December sounds about right though.

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronnyh