Samsung Watch Active 2 & Pixel 4 XL

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently switched from apple to android and i got the pixel 4xl and really missed my apple watch so i got the new Samsung watch active 2 and was able to pair everything together nicely until i went to send a text message. There's no texting app, or Email app for that matter. I chatted with Samsung support who informed me that it's disabled on the phone and will not work with the watch only Samsung phones can use it. So my question is... Is there some kind of work around that can get the messages on the phone? I can get notifications when somebody texts me and i can reply back right away but i cannot start a message from the phone. I can live without the email that's no biggie, but no messages is a deal breaker. If i'd have known that i probably wouldn't have switched in the first place. I read several articles and websites and reviews and nobody ever mentioned that the messages wont work... grrr

Buck 64

Sep 18, 2019
Visit site
I recently switched from apple to android and i got the pixel 4xl and really missed my apple watch so i got the new Samsung watch active 2 and was able to pair everything together nicely until i went to send a text message. There's no texting app, or Email app for that matter. I chatted with Samsung support who informed me that it's disabled on the phone and will not work with the watch only Samsung phones can use it. So my question is... Is there some kind of work around that can get the messages on the phone? I can get notifications when somebody texts me and i can reply back right away but i cannot start a message from the phone. I can live without the email that's no biggie, but no messages is a deal breaker. If i'd have known that i probably wouldn't have switched in the first place. I read several articles and websites and reviews and nobody ever mentioned that the messages wont work... grrr

Are you able to go to the contacts and start a text from there?

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This is my last Pixel phone (Pixel 3). I just bought an active2 watch from Samsung. Google / Pixel is not keeping up. Looks like the new Samsung 11 or the fold might be in my future. Love that screen ratio on the fold. I'll be able to eliminate a tablet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere