SavageZen kernal for CM6, SetCPU, and other questions

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm using CM6 stable and I recently flashed the froyo CFS kernel (savagedZen-0.2.1-CFS-HAVS-WiMAX-FROYO-signed.zip) for the evo and was wondering if I should see a performance boost with it? Judging by Quadrant...it really doesn't seem like it does anything different.

I noticed that on setCPU there were 2 new profiles (SavageZen and smartass). I changed the profile to SavagedZen and still really didn't notice much in the performance aspect. Can/Should I still use the slider to overclock? I've already read about what CFS and Havs are but still based on that understanding believe that "performance" should better.

I'm also doing a full charge and will see if the battery life seems longer later.

Anyhow...any help is appreciated...I feel like I've been googling all day just discovering little things that really didn't answer my questions :-/

Also, anyone know the "safe" speed to overclock to?

Thanks!

ROM: CM 6.1.2 supersonic
Kernal: 2.6.37.4 SavagedZen-0.2.1-CFS-HAVS-WIMAX-FROYO+

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The primary focus of the SZ 0.2.1 kernel is 720P HDMI support for apps like FullHDMI and HDMwIn and SBC. In theory, SavageZen and smartass governors will provide the best performance based on your usage as they learn you usage habits and adjust accordingly. You also should give any kernel a week the settle in and "learn" you and your phone habits.

I've found that 1152MHz is a safe bet for overclocking but just like a PC, not all phones overclock the same.

I have been using SZ 0.2.1 as my daily ever since it came out and have been very pleased.

Reactions: J Snazzy

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The primary focus of the SZ 0.2.1 kernel is 720P HDMI support for apps like FullHDMI and HDMwIn and SBC. In theory, SavageZen and smartass governors will provide the best performance based on your usage as they learn you usage habits and adjust accordingly. You also should give any kernel a week the settle in and "learn" you and your phone habits.

I've found that 1152MHz is a safe bet for overclocking but just like a PC, not all phones overclock the same.

I have been using SZ 0.2.1 as my daily ever since it came out and have been very pleased.

Thanks!

So I guess that means that using the slider on the CPU will still overclock my phone? Awesome.

Thanks again...I'll be sure to give it a week to test it out. I went for a walk about 20 minutes ago...15 minutes of phone time and the batter didn't go down at all...that's a good sign.

:D

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I let the phone charge to full...took it off and the batter percentage is missing on Cyanogen. I'm hoping that is just because it's at 100% and the indicator doesn't support that lol.

Edit : right when I hit 99 it showed.

Last edited: