Saying goodbye

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So is the the Nexus 4. It appears that we have some nice choices these days.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Lovin' my HTC OneX. Coming from iPhone5, to me, it's massive! (That's what she said...) (Pardone moi to the ladies here)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Of course we are fans. Nothing wrong with that.

You missed my point. If Google didn't let the manufacturers mess around with the Android OS, it would kinda defeat the purpose of it being open source. If that was the case, there why would you get Android and root it, if you can do the same thing (jailbreak) with an iPhone?

The fact is, the majority of Android owners won't root their phone. Many people like the Android skins, and find them functional. I loved HTC Sense on my HTC hero back in 2010, and I enjoyed TouchWiz on my GSII. Now with my Nexus 4, I enjoy pure android. It all depends on the person, and the person who wants the phone.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Lovin' my HTC OneX. Coming from iPhone5, to me, it's massive! (That's what she said...) (Pardone moi to the ladies here)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
LOL. You can't just let these opportunities go. :D

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You missed my point. If Google didn't let the manufacturers mess around with the Android OS, it would kinda defeat the purpose of it being open source. If that was the case, there why would you get Android and root it, if you can do the same thing (jailbreak) with an iPhone?

The fact is, the majority of Android owners won't root their phone. Many people like the Android skins, and find them functional. I loved HTC Sense on my HTC hero back in 2010, and I enjoyed TouchWiz on my GSII. Now with my Nexus 4, I enjoy pure android. It all depends on the person, and the person who wants the phone.
I agree. I really liked Sense. Not so much with TW.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not when people stream movies on their phones now. ;)

Ugh...huewei has a 6 in coming out. So what? I never said they aren't popular or how long they will be popular. I said the trend will eventually fade. Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens. People do it cause they can. They don't buy a phone specifically to watch movies. They have tablets for that and choose not to carry 7 or 10 in if they don't have to. I don't want to hear how many of what phone sold where. All I have to do is go to a mall, airport, or any other crowded area to see what size people prefer and what the trend is. I love the n2 and other large phones. I just like the nexus 4 size more. I'm glad we don't use iPhone and only have one choice :)

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have watched the release of this phone up until now, I see too many problems, it has basically scared me away from purchasing.

I figured a majority of kinks should have been fixed now, but what can I expect, it is an LG phone, and I truly believe right now is putting more focus on the LG Optimus G since that truly is their Brain Child.

I have waited until I am now in a gap between upcoming phones and waiting to see if the kinks in this phone ever get worked out.

I am putting it this way, this phone is $349 before shipping and taxes, which pretty much brings it to $400, it doesn't take very good pictures, cheap earphone speakers and cheap build quality, Ok, that being said, it is still got lots to be considered an awesome buy for this phone, but I am going to hold out for the OPPO Find 5 now, it is a month before a release is mentioned in the USA, but I already hear reviews of the released China version and they say it has excellent build quality, very good camera, very good LCD 1080P screen, definitely not a glass back to worry about breaking that, lots going for it, and at $499 you get 16GB version, and hoping....keeping my fingers crossed that I will not see me having to pay taxes on it but I do expect shipping.

Of course I am going to wait to see reviews on this phone too, by the time I will make my decision, I will know it will be for my best interests, hell this phone even comes with HD Dirac chips for premium quality sound only found in BMW or Infinity stereo systems with earbuds to match!

Only downfall I see is is the type of support you can expect? I don't know much about OPPO other than they do build other phones, in which I hear are also descent phones too.

Does anybody know anything about OPPO support, is that a good company?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ugh...huewei has a 6 in coming out. So what? I never said they aren't popular or how long they will be popular. I said the trend will eventually fade. Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens. People do it cause they can. They don't buy a phone specifically to watch movies. They have tablets for that and choose not to carry 7 or 10 in if they don't have to. I don't want to hear how many of what phone sold where. All I have to do is go to a mall, airport, or any other crowded area to see what size people prefer and what the trend is. I love the n2 and other large phones. I just like the nexus 4 size more. I'm glad we don't use iPhone and only have one choice :)
I love my Nexus 4 too, but a lot of people only want one device instead of a phone and a tablet so the Note 2 fills this need. I know you get this, but I do think that as the smartphone market broadens that we will see many people with smaller phones, medium phones and even 7 inch tablets with phone capabilities. There are many segments opening up simply because Samsung has pushed the envelope.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have watched the release of this phone up until now, I see too many problems, it has basically scared me away from purchasing.

I figured a majority of kinks should have been fixed now, but what can I expect, it is an LG phone, and I truly believe right now is putting more focus on the LG Optimus G since that truly is their Brain Child.

I have waited until I am now in a gap between upcoming phones and waiting to see if the kinks in this phone ever get worked out.

I am putting it this way, this phone is $349 before shipping and taxes, which pretty much brings it to $400, it doesn't take very good pictures, cheap earphone speakers and cheap build quality, Ok, that being said, it is still got lots to be considered an awesome buy for this phone, but I am going to hold out for the OPPO Find 5 now, it is a month before a release is mentioned in the USA, but I already hear reviews of the released China version and they say it has excellent build quality, very good camera, very good LCD 1080P screen, definitely not a glass back to worry about breaking that, lots going for it, and at $499 you get 16GB version, and hoping....keeping my fingers crossed that I will not see me having to pay taxes on it but I do expect shipping.

Of course I am going to wait to see reviews on this phone too, by the time I will make my decision, I will know it will be for my best interests, hell this phone even comes with HD Dirac chips for premium quality sound only found in BMW or Infinity stereo systems with earbuds to match!

Only downfall I see is is the type of support you can expect? I don't know much about OPPO other than they do build other phones, in which I hear are also descent phones too.

Does anybody know anything about OPPO support, is that a good company?

I know Oppo from their days in the niche home theater market making high end dvd and blue ray players. I never had a problem with their players so I never had to call them but I understand they have excellent service. Over on the home theater forums people including me used to swear by them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

"Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens. People do it cause they can."

Supply and demand. Manufacturers don't just take a shot in the dark when they create and release a product. They build a product that there is demand for.

--------------

"Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens."

How are you an expert on how others use their phones?

--------------

"They don't buy a phone specifically to watch movies. They have tablets for that and choose not to carry 7 or 10 in if they don't have to."

Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot buy and use their property for?

--------------

"I don't want to hear how many of what phone sold where. All I have to do is go to a mall, airport, or any other crowded area to see what size people prefer and what the trend is."

So you know the trends because of what you see in a crowded room as opposed to what devices are being sold and used on a global level? In what world does that make sense bro?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Just want to point out that the bigger the screen, the less "technology" it takes to make it. A 4.5-inch Super LCD2 or Super AMOLED is much harder to produce than a 5-inch one.

Continue your circle-jerk.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Cummon Jerry give us your "O" Face :eek:

vlcsnap-2012-12-12-18h47m01s219.png

Last edited:

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
"Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens. People do it cause they can."

Supply and demand. Manufacturers don't just take a shot in the dark when they create and release a product. They build a product that there is demand for.

--------------

"Most people don't watch movies on 6 in screens."

How are you an expert on how others use their phones?

--------------

"They don't buy a phone specifically to watch movies. They have tablets for that and choose not to carry 7 or 10 in if they don't have to."

Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot buy and use their property for?

--------------

"I don't want to hear how many of what phone sold where. All I have to do is go to a mall, airport, or any other crowded area to see what size people prefer and what the trend is."

So you know the trends because of what you see in a crowded room as opposed to what devices are being sold and used on a global level? In what world does that make sense bro?

Haha, thanks for making me most quoted! You're the man!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe there is a difference between what people prefer versus what is available to them. Up until recently, there haven't been too many smartphones with screens over 5 inches available on multiple carriers. Apparently people like the bigger size because the Note 2 is selling well. We will see what people prefer in the coming year when there are bigger smartphones to choose from.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

eeleechan

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Wish you well, and I think you've made a wise choice.

I love mine though. Just wish I can afford to own a Note 2 as well as it was really a tie between the two when I was deciding which to buy.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wish you well, and I think you've made a wise choice.

I love mine though. Just wish I can afford to own a Note 2 as well as it was really a tie between the two when I was deciding which to buy.

When you have KLP and they don't you can smile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86