Screen Black Out During Call lG G7Thinq

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Any way to keep screen from blacking out during call?

Koi102465

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Are you using a Bluetooth device or is it physically against your ear? The phone can tell when there is something close to the screen when in a phone call and I'm thinking the screen turns off for two reasons, first it goes black to save from accidental touches and second maybe to save on battery, this is just my experience, and I could be wrong. Hope this helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen is supposed to go black during a call when you hold it up to your ear -- it's the proximity sensor doing what its supposed to do. If the screen stayed on while the phone is up against your ear, your face would be more likely to cause accidental screen touches.

Are you saying that the screen blacks out immediately after placing the call, even if the phone isn't against your ear? If so, then something might be blocking the proximity sensor, like a screen protector that doesn't have proper cutouts, or a poorly fitting case.

RVNut

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
the screen blacks out immediately after placing the call or receiving a call, even if the phone isn't against the ear also no case on the phone