Screen dead. How to factory reset?

cjcsafbennett

Oct 6, 2023
Visit site
My sisters Fold 4 is dead. When you open the phone, 98% of the screen is black. Completely unusable. She has her replacement phone and needs to send the broken one back. Is there any way to do a factory reset when the screen is dead? Can I plug it into my Chromebook and do it from there? I'd hate to send it back with all her information still on the phone. The screen on the front of the phone is working, btw.

Any help is appreciated.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My sisters Fold 4 is dead. When you open the phone, 98% of the screen is black. Completely unusable. She has her replacement phone and needs to send the broken one back. Is there any way to do a factory reset when the screen is dead? Can I plug it into my Chromebook and do it from there? I'd hate to send it back with all her information still on the phone. The screen on the front of the phone is working, btw.

Any help is appreciated.

You should be able to do A FDR using the front screen.

Reactions: J Dubbs

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I didn't get a screen failure but after a years usage I got a 2mm dead pixel along the inside crease! I was told that even pressing hard with the zflip s pen pressing hard can also cause this. I know flips and folds are more delicate so I was aware.of this! Never been dropped and always in a case. Luckily I have an amazing Samsung Experience store locally where I got the device initially so they would have my device information.

I brought it into the Samsung Experience store and the technician got it fixed for me. Ready for pickup the following day!

It would have costed 700$CAN + to repair screen out of warranty. Better to make sure you get the Samsung extended warranty for the flips and folds! However I did also have the carrier device protection on this device but didn't need to use it!

Last edited:

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.

Wipe it from Find My Phone - https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Another is Samsung find my device
362e4c657b9954ca6591128667cf83f6.jpg

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site

Any help is appreciated.
Is there a way for you to put the device into "maintenance" mode?