Screen display issues

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Only recently an issue has surfaced on a Sony Xperia H3113 Android 9, and that issue is that intermittently the screen no matter which app is being used or which option portrait or landscape the screen will shift to the left tgen back to the right again, when it shifts it remains out of view till it shifts back into place.

Is this a virus?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It didn't seem to do this in safe mode, so does this mean it's an app that's doing it?
Yes, that's usually the case. It can be a little challenging, though, if you don't have a suspicion for a particular app -- you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Reactions: fablis

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@fablis , oops I think I may have messed up when trying to merge your most recent posts into a single post. I might have deleted them by accident.:eek: Sorry!

You were asking if you can just disable the apps instead of uninstalling. Only preinstalled apps can be disabled. If you installed an app, your only option is to uninstall it, not disable it.

You also asked if the phone needs to be rebooted after each uninstall -- not really, although it doesn't hurt.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You may have to keep uninstalling apps. It could be due to a recent update to an app you installed a while ago.