Screen on time giving false read when using battery mod

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has noticed that the screen on time does not properly register when the phone is being used with the battery mod attached.

It seems to happen when the phone heats up a little during heavy use.

I noticed the my SOT was coming up less than normal recently at the end of the night, despite feeling like I had been on my phone a ton.

Just now I checked my battery stats and was at 1 hour 49 min, then read an article for about 15 min, and low and behold, I checked my battery stats, and my SOT was exactly the same.

My suspicions have been affirmed.

Now I just wish I could calculate how crazy ridiculous my battery life is. All I know is I've been going to sleep with my phone at 80% because I still have some juice on the battery mod.

It's unreal to have a phone that legit will last 2 days of awake time and really high usage.

And I actually like the thickness and weight with the battery mod. It feels super premium.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has noticed that the screen on time does not properly register when the phone is being used with the battery mod attached.

It seems to happen when the phone heats up a little during heavy use.

I noticed the my SOT was coming up less than normal recently at the end of the night, despite feeling like I had been on my phone a ton.

Just now I checked my battery stats and was at 1 hour 49 min, then read an article for about 15 min, and low and behold, I checked my battery stats, and my SOT was exactly the same.

My suspicions have been affirmed.

Now I just wish I could calculate how crazy ridiculous my battery life is. All I know is I've been going to sleep with my phone at 80% because I still have some juice on the battery mod.

It's unreal to have a phone that legit will last 2 days of awake time and really high usage.

And I actually like the thickness and weight with the battery mod. It feels super premium.

I don't mind the thickness, but the weight gets to me. It feels a little bit like a brick.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind the thickness, but the weight gets to me. It feels a little bit like a brick.
The battery life is fantastic without it, but I'm a very heavy user for work, and by the time I'm at 4 hours SOT and 2 plus hours of calls, I'm down to 20-30% towards the end of the night.

Of course that's like 20 hours off the charger, and most nights that means I'm going to sleep soon, and will still have a little juice to spare. But it feels amazing to have a day like that, and then let's say I decide to go out and stay out really late, and instead of worrying I'm gonna run out with only 20% left, my battery mod hits zero and I have 80% left instead.

From the Droid Maxx, T1 and T2 I went all day and maybe juiced up a handful of times before going to sleep (and that was with extremely high usage), but there were still instances where I found myself preoccupied with the thought that I was cutting it close.

With the battery MOD, I'm really happy with the form factor, I really don't mind the weight, and the thought never remotely crosses my mind that I might run out of juice.

On my worst day I'm going to sleep with the battery mod depleted and the phone battery at 65%-70%.

I'm honestly thrilled with this phone in every way!

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I guess that's not surprising. Android's native battery stats measure "off charger" battery usage. If you've got the mod on, your battery is constantly getting topped up. It's like plugging in to the wall wart every 5 minutes. :)

And yes, this phone is awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen